𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

IT WAS ANOTHER normal day at the Lockwood residence

IT WAS ANOTHER normal day at the Lockwood residence. Tyler was doing what a teenage boy does alone on a Friday afternoon. He invited his friend, Matt Donovan, and a few other people to play pool and drink Richard Lockwood's liquor that they stole from his cabinet.

It was the Lockwood boy's turn, and he grabbed the pool cue, lining it up with the white cue ball to make his shot. He pulled the stick back to build momentum, and just as he shoved it forward to hit the ball, the doorbell rang which caused him to miss, the cue knocking the side of the ball gently. The white sphere rolled slowly and steadily a few inches from where the stick had made contact with it.

Tyler groaned in embarrassment while some of the other guys laughed. The doorbell rang again, the sound echoing throughout the house, bouncing off walls and objects. 

The person at the door seemed to become annoyed, for they began incessantly and obnoxiously ringing the bell. The Lockwood boy got fed up, and when he realized his mother was not going to answer the door, he groaned.

"One sec, guys," he told the boys in the room, making his way towards the front door, pool cue still in hand. "I'm coming!" he yelled, hoping that whoever was on the other side of the door could hear him.

It seems they did because the ringing stopped. Once Tyler reached the door, he grasped the handle and swung it open, and what was staring back at him shocked him so much that he dropped the stick that he was holding.

There stood Charlotte Lockwood, his sister that had went to Florida to live with their Uncle unannounced. His mother had been worried out of her mind, especially since all Charlie had as a guardian was Mason. His father was convinced that she was never coming back, and Tyler figured that she just needed a break before she began high school. Or that their parents had actually shipped her off somewhere and were just pretending to be worried.

"Hello, Brother."

"So, you're back," Tyler observed awkwardly. His guests had left a few hours ago, a few minutes after Charlie showed up. The two siblings were sat in the living room. Their parents had gone to bed hours ago, but not before the youngest Lockwood got a "stern talking to" as they liked to cal it.