𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

CHARLOTTE LOCKWOOD was a partier

CHARLOTTE LOCKWOOD was a partier. That was the best way to describe her. She was reckless and irresponsible, and she made bad decisions. She was about as bad as a rising freshman could get. She constantly got herself and her friends into trouble, but, luckily, since her father was the mayor, she could get out of it with ease. 

The young girl took after her brother, Tyler Lockwood—both careless, problematic teens with anger issues. They both have a history of lashing out at school and getting into fights. This is commonly believed to be a result of their parents always working. Some others believe that it's just in their blood because Mayor Lockwood is known for having sudden angry outbursts. 

Despite her parents' orders that she stay home, Charlie was at a party pretty early in the summer—the weekend after school ended—after eighth grade. Someone had invited her and her friend to the party that some sophomore was throwing. Almost everyone there was either drunk or high. Charlie was perusing the drinks, deciding on what she should try next. 

She had already had a few drinks as she was knocking things over as she lifted different bottles up in order to read the labels on the fronts. She finally picked out some sort up vodka drink, pouring it into her cup before turning back around to rejoin the party. As she did so, her face collided with a chest.

The sudden force knocked her back a little bit, causing the person to place their arms on her shoulders in an attempt to steady her. As soon as she was stable, Charlie looked up at the person she ran into. She was pleasantly surprised to see a rather attractive boy looking back at her.

"Are you okay?" the boy questioned, not taking his hands off of the brunette just in case she almost fell again. As soon as he spoke, she recognized him, and she would have sooner if it weren't for her state. 

Jeremy Gilbert.

The boy had been in her history class in seventh grade. God, did he have a glow up. he looked so much older. His deep brown hair was messy, his bangs partially covering his eyes, His face was glistened with sweat, and his eyes were a soft shade of blue. They were very easy to get lost in.

He recently lost his parents in a tragic car accident about two months ago. They had been driving his sister home and the car went over the bridge. Elena, his sister, made it out miraculously, but his parents weren't so lucky. After everything he's been through in the past few months, why was he at a party?