𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

	"HEY, ARE YOU OKAY?" CHARLIE ASKED HER BROTHER when she saw him the next morning

"HEY, ARE YOU OKAY?" CHARLIE ASKED HER BROTHER when she saw him the next morning. She and Caroline, who was there as well, had covered for him and said that Sarah's death was an accident, but he had seemed a little freaked out after it happened. She told him to sleep it off, and they would talk about it in the morning.

He nodded as he poured himself a glass of water and grabbed some of the cereal out of the pantry. He responded without looking her in the eye. "I'm great."

"You killed someone," she reminded him, her mouth open in disbelief because of his lack of reaction. Her voice was low just in case their mother was looming somewhere and listening in on them because the chances of that were pretty high.

He shrugged. "I am aware of that."

"You do know what that means, right?" she questioned, confused because Mason had told her that he told him how a werewolf triggers its curse. However, now, he was acting like he either did not know what happened or simply did not care.

"That on the full moon I'm going to go through the excruciating painful process of turning into a freaking werewolf," he quizzed with raised eyebrows, and before she could nod or respond, he continued, "Yeah, I know."

She just watched him in confusion, trying to read his face to see if he was actually freaking out, but he looked calm and collected — well, as calm and collected as Tyler Lockwood could be. She quizzed, "And you're great?"

"I'm great," he confirmed.

She nodded slowly as he walked out the door, and she whispered, even though he could not hear her, "Okay."

While she was dealing with Tyler the night before, the others had been dealing with Elena and Katherine. The vampire doppelganger had gotten some witch — the woman that she was talking to — to link her and Elena, so every time Damon and Stefan tried to kill her, they hurt Elena as well. They somehow convinced Katherine's witch to switch to the good side and help them break the spell. Then, instead of killing Katherine like the plan was, they trapped her inside the tomb that the tomb vampires were stuck in for a century and a half.