𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON, and Charlie was dreading it

IT WAS THE NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON, and Charlie was dreading it. Not just because she had to go through the extremely painful transformation where every single bone in her body breaks, but she also realized that she left all of her chains at her old house. So, she was going to have to sneak in and steal it without anyone noticing.

It had been a couple weeks since she set foot in the upstairs of the house. She had been in the downstairs as a party guest and an escort. Now that she thought about it, the amount of events they hosted at that mansion was a little bit alarming.

So, there she was, in her old room that looked exactly the same as she left it. Her duffel bag of chains, locks, and wolf's bane was thankfully still buried deep in her closet, and she was almost out the door when someone burst in.

Tyler was standing in front of her with a baseball bat above his head, and he was getting ready to swing. She put her hands up to block him and jumped back. "Hey, hey, hey. It's me. It's me."

"Charlie?" he exclaimed when he realized it was his sister, and he dropped the wood, breathing out a sigh of relief and running a hand through his hair. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Oh, I, um, I'm just grabbing some clothes. Why are you not in school?" She had intentionally chosen that day and time because Tyler would be in school, Carol had a function, and her father would be at work, but her brother just ruined her plans.

He caught her attempt at trying to change the subject and raised his eyebrows as her bag clinked when metal hit metal. She winced when he looked down at it with a confused expression. "I'm skipping. Those are some pretty loud clothes you have there."

"Well, there's other stuff, you know? Jewelry and whatnot," she explained, glancing down at the black bag. She sighed, looking up at him with pleading eyes. "Just please don't tell Mom and Dad that I was here."

"My lips are sealed, and by the way, Dad invited you to dinner tonight," he informed her like it was no big deal after making the motion of zipping his lips. 

She was about to walk out of the room, but his words caused her to whip around to face him, her eyes widened in shock. She stared at him in disbelief, confused as to why he was being so nonchalant about this. Why the hell would her father invite her to dinner? What did he have in store for her? "What? What are you talking about?"