𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

	CHARLIE HAD SLEPT OVER AT CAROLINE'S HOUSE

CHARLIE HAD SLEPT OVER AT CAROLINE'S HOUSE. After the blonde girl sang at The Grill the night before, Jonas Martin had showed up at the Grill, wanting revenge on Elena for his son's death. Stefan had gotten his girlfriend out of there, but Matt had gotten caught in the crossfire. Caroline had to save her boyfriend with her blood and was about to either explain to him or wipe his memory when Sheriff Forbes walked in, and he freaked out and ran away.

So, the Forbes girl needed someone to stay with her and hold her while she cried that night since she had just gotten him to forgive her for an hour before he hated her again. The two girls were about to climb into the car to head to the Historical Society Luncheon at the brunette girl's house, and they were on speaker phone with Stefan. Caroline told him, "I can't find him anywhere. He's not at home. He's not answering his phone."

"How could you let him go?" the Salvatore man questioned angrily.

"My mom walked in. He took off," she explained as her best friend climbed into the passenger seat of hr car and she walked down to the other side. "I didn't know what to do."

Stefan sighed, and both girls could practically see him rolling his eyes at them in frustration. He asked, "Did your mom hear anything?"

"No. She just thinks we're fighting," the blonde girl answered, leaning her head back against the seat. She was really freaking out, and Stefan getting mad at her was not helping.

Charlie jumped in, leaning into the phone even though the vampire would be able to hear her if she was yards away from the device. "But he knows about Caroline, and he's freaking out about Vicki."

"All right. Listen. You have to find him. You have to calm him down. Compel him if you have to. Is he still on vervain?" the man ordered before asking the question.

"I slip it into his soda when he's at work, but I didn't get to last night, so it's out of his system. He has a catering shift at the Lockwood's today. We're gonna try there," the blonde girl informed him before hanging up. She then tapped a button on the computer that was built into the car. "Call Matt."

"Calling Matt..." the computer responded, and it started to ring.

After ringing for a moment, Matt's voicemail picked up. "You've reached Matt. Leave a message." She did not leave and message and just started driving angrily.