“Big responsibility. Fine, I’ll do my best to stay with you. I get distracted easily though,” she warned him. 

“I wish we could communicate like you and Severus. It would be much easier for what we’re about to do. You can’t read my lips either with this gear on. I’ll have to give you hand signals. Up, down, X is for stop. When I give you two thumbs up it means my air tank is running out and we need to go up. I assume my breathing is faster than yours,” he informed her. 

“Thank you for doing this with me, Lucius. You have no idea how happy this makes me,” she replied softly. Lucius smiled at her softly, “Anything for you, little bird,” he replied. 

“You know, reading each other's minds isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Sometimes you hear things that are bothersome or unpleasant. It’s difficult to hide one's thoughts that the other person might not appreciate,” she told him. 

“Do you have things you wish to hide from him or myself?” Lucius asked her curiously. “Doesn’t every person have something they wish no one knew?” she replied. “I suppose so, little bird,” Lucius replied before he started getting himself suited up to dive. 

“Are there sharks here?” Y/N asked nervously. “It’s possible, to be honest. The water is clear so just keep an eye out. Try to make as little commotion as you can if you see one, slowly back away but don’t take your eyes off of it. There’s rarely an attack here though,” Lucius replied. 

“I’ll take that drink now,” she announced playfully. “A downside to the presence of sea turtles, their predators are often looming,” Lucius teased her. “If I see a shark kill a sea turtle I may never recover,” she replied blankly.

“Well let’s hope we don’t see that. Are you ready?” Lucius asked as they wet their masks, sitting on the edge of the boat. “How do I look?” Y/N asked as she adjusted her mask. 

“Happy,” Lucius replied before he readied himself and jumped into the water first. Y/N jumped flipper feet first  into the somewhat surprisingly warm water. It was much nicer than the loch to be honest. 

Once Lucius was sure she was ready, he pointed down and started swimming away from her. Y/N started following him down, to the sea floor. They were only doing a shallow dive today, around 5 meters so Y/N could get comfortable. 

There was a beautiful reef near them that they swam over to explore. There was a sea turtle in the distance circling the outer edge of the reef near a small group of bright yellow fish. 

(I cannot get a film accurate Lucius via ai

(I cannot get a film accurate Lucius via ai. I improvised and shortened his hair for stylistic purposes)

Lucius looked back to make sure she was following him. She had stopped above the reef when she saw a small puffer fish couldn’t resist admiring. After a moment, she followed him, finally close enough to grab onto him.