𝒞𝑜𝒾𝓁𝑒𝒹

Idea inspired by @OneBoredViolet

Request by Kristine579128

y. naga x f. reader

She needed to reach the Ophidian Cave before nightfall, otherwise more people would have to die. Many people had already been taken and killed, so it was up to Y/N to put it to a stop.

Anxious and tense townsfolk from the nearby village told Y/N about a mythical beast, one who ravaged the town every full moon. This creature had barely been seen as it blended in with the night, its form wrapped in shadows and edged with stealth.

Nobody knew what it was, but they all knew what it wanted, which related to Y/N, who'd been treading towards her impending fate. It was conclusive that the female, since she was wanted by the creature itself, would go and conquer the beast before any other damage could be done to the small village.

Y/N was a slayer, a person who tracked, hunted, caught, or killed mythical and magical creatures. It was her job to rid the people of their current nightmare, but she didn't know that she was just a sacrifice. The beast always asked for her, and while the villagers felt guilt about giving her up to the thing, it was a necessary sacrifice.

One townsfolk remained in her crowded thoughts; his dark aura apparent as she wandered past him. He whispered to the shadows, to no one in particular, but she still heard him. He sang his words to himself softly, and Y/N frowned, his sharp eyes fixed on her as she passed him. "She's the one, he'll take her, and let us be free."

Y/N winced at the mere thought of him, even though she had left him behind once she left the village. He looked straight at her while saying it, but his gaze was far away. It wasn't a good omen for the future, but then again, as a slayer, Y/N was used to grim environments.

Her light steps crunched over the moist leaves, summer air giving the forest a heavy humidity. Y/N walked down the path of beaten down brush and broken branches, the creature's trail resembling that of a large snake, the markings and tracks giving that away.

Y/N, based on her hunting skills, supposed the creature was a massive snake, and she walked along its path, following it to its lair or den. Y/N had no idea what she had gotten herself into, but she chose to protect the people of the small village, people who didn't even know her name.

The life of a slayer was not necessarily disreputable, but it wasn't a wanted position. Many slayers died at the hands of the magical and powerful creatures who plagued the world every week. They were needed, as without them, towns would be destroyed, and humanity would fall into further disarray than it already had. Y/N was only a slayer because her parents were and had nothing and no one else in her life.

Y/N usually had more to go on though when she hunted mythical beings, but she supposed it could always be worse. At least she had something to go off of. From the information Y/N had received so far, she assumed she was dealing with a naga.

A Naga was a half snake, half human creature. They had the tail of a snake, their scales and color varying depending on what region they lived in, and the upper body of a human. Y/N groaned wishing she hadn't come through this area, knowing that most slayers who ever encountered a naga never survived.

The young warrior closed her eyes and took a deep breath, continuing to march forward through the dark forest, the moonlight barely illuminating her path. She took one last glance behind her, looking at the faint lights of the village she had just passed through, wishing that she could just be normal, and live in peace.

Y/N knew, however, that she had left that path as soon as her parents never came back from one of their missions. If she was lucky and killed the naga, then Y/N would survive and gain some sort of recognition. If she failed, then she'd surely be dead.