𝒜 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒫𝓊𝓇𝓅𝑜𝓈𝑒

This is what the office building is meant to look like btw :)

y. gargoyle x reader

Right from the get-go, the creepy looking gargoyle that sat on the ledge of the balcony of your office building creeped you out. It seemed so out of place sitting on the ledge of a modern-looking building in the center of a busy downtown.

You worked for a writing and publishing company, one of the biggest in your country. You were really only here for the money the job gave you, and because you had signed a writing contract that kept you here.

If you knew that your boss was a pervy, grimy man who only wanted your body and that you would be slammed by deadlines very week, you would have never taken your college professors recommendation of getting a job here. You couldn't back out now since the contract lasted for another five years, so you just had to write your heart out and avoid your boss, Jared. Simple enough, right?

Currently, however, Jared was patrolling the office corridors looking for you, and you just couldn't stand to be corned by him again. Last time he had attempted to withhold pay from you unless you agreed to go out with him.

Just the thought of your sleezy, overweight man who oversaw you made you grunt harshly. Luckily enough, you knew the best hiding place: the balcony. It was on the roof, overlooking the other skyscrapers you were sandwiched between, and the bustling roads below.

It had a few shrubs and trees bordering the ledge, and of course, there was an out of place gargoyle statue. One of your co-workers said it was the only thing left of the original building, which had since been remodeled, besides the foundations.

The statue itself had large, intimidating stone wings, and was crouched precariously on the corner of the ledge. The figure had muscular human arms and legs with the face of some sort of dog, two sharp horns protruding from its forehead.

The thing was very out of place, kind of like how you felt in the building, so you didn't mind it too much. You could only hope that Jared was dumb enough to not check the balcony on the roof and give you some time to breathe.

Sitting at one of the tables in the corner, right next to the gargoyle, you place your small work bag down, pulling out your laptop. You were always prepared, so you brought it just in case you couldn't be at your desk. A deadline was a deadline after all.

Glancing once more at the gargoyle you decided to voice your frustrations, finding it better to vent rather than just keep it to yourself. Were you talking to a statue? Yes, you were, but there was no one else in this office building who cared to listen.

Surprisingly enough, the stone figure seemed like it was listening to you, though you knew that was impossible. It felt weird to address it without a gender or name, so you firmly decided that the statue was a "he," and his name was Cyrus.

Cyrus was a perfect listener and at the end, you felt comforted by his presence despite him being nothing but sculpted stone. After two hours of venting and writing, you felt surprisingly refreshed, the office building feeling welcoming for once.