𝑅𝑒𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒

y. vampire x reader

"Y/N? Hello?" A frustrated doctor stood above you as you held your head in your hands, feeling it throb painfully. There was no response from you, so the male above you only groaned. "I can't fix you if you don't tell me what's wrong."

A pained grunt was the only thing he got back, making he brown haired male huff. One of his pale hands wrapped around your arms, the other supporting your head gently as he eased you into a sitting position. You only whined at him, making him chuckle.

He then held your face in his hand as he inspected the damage. There was a dark bruise already forming under your eye and blood dripping from the side of your face. At the sight of the ruby liquid, the male flinched and felt his thirst threaten to consume him but composed himself not desiring to hurt you in the slightest.

You looked him in his unnaturally red eyes, extremely out of it, especially considering the fact that you had been punched twice straight in the same spot under your eye. You could hardly think, let alone speak, but you knew the male before you would only be calmed if he could hear your voice. "I'll be fine, Damon."

Not even a few seconds later, black dots formed in your vision, and you fell forward from you sitting position, straight into his arms. Damon only held your now unconscious form gently, glancing at it with heavy concern. He placed you on a cold metal table, rubbing the bridge of his nose harshly.

You never listened to him, which resulted in you getting hurt more and more. He wanted you to rely on him, more so than you already did. He wanted you to live for him, to be desperate for him, like the way he was for you. You just didn't get it though and spared only so much space in your life for him, which angered him greatly.

It wasn't all your fault though. You were currently in the underground fighting club, not that it was by choice. You had been raised in the club by your abusive coach and knew no different. You only fought so that your coach could get money, so that he could live while you worked like a slave.

The fight club was dangerous for you, and Damon knew that it was only a matter of time before you faced an opponent who would kill you. The underground club was corrupt, and he knew that better than anyone. He was only there for the blood the fighters provided, living off it and taking it as a source of payment.

Damon was a vampire doctor. When patients were knocked out or in bad shape, he would fix them up and make them as good as new, though he did take a few quarts of blood from every patient he had, not that his patients ever knew this.

He never took from you though since he cared for you far more than he should have. You were a ray of light in a place of darkness, uncorrupted by the vile humans around you who only took advantage of you. He could only watch though as your body was hit time and time again all because you had no choice but to fight or be killed.

He had many plans to get you out of here, but you were far too stubborn to let him save you. He took one more glance at your sleeping form, deciding that he needed to get you out now, with or without your consent, though he did prefer you to be willing.

He would just have to wait until you woke up though to ask. He presumed that you should wake up in a few hours based on his quick scan of your form. He knew that you had suffered a bad concussion based on your headache, nausea, confusion, and balance problems.

In the meantime, though, he had to take blood from his other patient, the one you had beaten in the fight. They looked far worse than you did, with multiple bruises scattered all over their body and broken ribs. He knew you were strong, but that was what scared him the most.

As he drew blood from the person, he couldn't help but think of what would happen if you stayed in the underground fighting ring. The club had a system of rankings, and the higher you went, the tougher fighters you would face. Ther would come a point where you'd have to face the most corrupt people in the organization, and they would tear you apart.