𝑀𝒶𝒹𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈

y. dionysus x f. reader

The wine festival of Thebes brought people of all backgrounds. Merchants, performers, musicians, nobles, tradesmen, and even monarchs attended the festivities, the multitudes of people creating a rich and diverse gathering that lasted for a week.

This year's event was more constricted than usual however, because the current king of Thebes, Pentheus, didn't support the worship of Dionysus, following the crueler gods in support of a more powerful monarchy that could control the people.

Y/N was a performer who starred in many plays involving tragedy and comedy, which was all to honor the god Dionysus. The god of wine and madness was well worshipped, being one of the more benevolent gods at the time, blessing the people with freedom through wine, and prosperity.

Dionysus thoroughly enjoyed the festival every year, though he was disguised as a mortal so he could be free to do as he pleased without his followers throwing themselves at him. While the festival was in his honor and he ought to attend it because of this, he specifically went every year to be with Y/N.

The performer drew him in and intoxicated him like too much wine did. She was beautiful, graceful, captivating, kind, and carefree. She didn't care what others thought of her, and did what she loved, while giving everyone else a sense of comfort and ease.

Y/N was like fine red wine to Dionysus, which was ironic since he created wine and was the god of it. She eased his worries and stress, and gave him a sense of euphoria, often serving to intoxicate him. Every year he was at the festival, he spent as much time as he could, basking in her presence.

The female was his everything, and as a god, he practically worshiped her. Four years after he had first met Y/N, the god was preparing for the annual festival, beyond excited to see his wonderful performer again. This year would be different, and he would tell her who he really was.

This time she wouldn't leave like she always did, heading back to Athens where she entertained everyone from homeless people to monarchs. This time he would tell her how he felt, and he would keep her with him, taking her to Olympus where she belonged, his goddess for eternity.

The day of the festival had finally arrived, and the festival began with a performance of tragedy. There were many people weaving in and out of the bustling streets of Thebes, some attracted to the many merchant stalls, others to the different performances and displays all honoring Dionysus.

Y/N wasn't performing on the first day of the event, preferring to honor the god of wine before performing on stage for him. She also wanted to go meet her friend, who she only got to see for a week every year.

Dionysus stood waiting by the spot where he first met Y/N, leaning against a statue of himself. The sculpture portrayed him as a youthful man, a leopard circled around his legs while he stood tall, a granite goblet in his hand.

The god was quite impressed with how similar the statue looked to him, the stone holding the same long curly locks of hair, lean muscles, and sharp jawline. He was quickly brought from his thoughts as he caught sight of Y/N's (h/c) (h/l) that danced in front of her unique (e/c) eyes.

The girl quickly caught sight of the male and sprinted towards him, jumping onto him when she got close enough. Many bypassers gave her annoyed looks, but she didn't care, happy to see an old friend. Dionysus peered down at Y/N, his own arms wrapped around her waist.

"You look as beautiful as ever, Y/N." The female blushed at his words, her cheeks heating up. The god found her reaction adorable, smiling gently at her, "And you're as flirtatious as ever, Dion."

The male winced at the name she addressed him with. He had to lie to her about some things, including his name, and felt horrible about it. He felt that his little goddess deserved to know everything about him, since he already knew everything about her.