𝐹𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒜𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈

y. angel x fallen angel

"You're no better than a human now, Y/N! What were you thinking? We could have fixed this if you let me help you." You only scoffed at the male before you, his whole body adorned in golden jewelry.

Matthew was an angel of heaven, a very well respected being in that realm. He was powerful, one of the top enforcers of God's will and law. He was a pure being, or so everyone thought.

You were the only one who knew the truth and look where it got you: banished from heaven to earth, where you had limited powers and where you were forced to live as a human. Matt knew the consequences of his actions, yet he did them anyways. He had the gall to even visit you after he got you kicked out of heaven.

The male only looked at you with a dejected frown on his face, his icy blue eyes trying to analyze you in your "human" form. As a fallen angel, your wings had turned black before falling off completely, a mess of feathers and pain left behind.

You could only glare at Matthew, his presence an insult. "Your definition of help meant manipulating me into being your submissive little partner! You act as if you weren't the one who lied to God himself."

The white hair male winced, his wings twitching. He wanted to reach out and touch you, but he knew that you would only turn him away, or worse, try and run from him. He could only stare at you longingly in remorse.

Did he regret what he did? Of course, he did, but that didn't mean that he could change anything. Once you were banished from heaven, you could never return. He knew that better than anyone, but it was a fate that he had forcefully given you.

"Y/N, you know that I had to do it. If you listened to me and stopped trying to expose me to everyone, then this wouldn't have happened. I just wanted to help you, sweetheart." Mathew was pleading at this point, almost begging you to listen to him, or at least look him in the eyes.

You refused to spare him a glance, letting out a sharp laugh. "What else was I supposed to do? You murdered my best friend and tried to manipulate me into loving you. You broke one of heaven's highest laws, and then you forced me to take the blame for it. What you have isn't love, it never will be!"

By now, you both were hysterical, which was ironic seeing as only you had a right to be this emotional. You lost everything: your life, home, family, best friend, and job. You lost the one thing that gave you purpose, which was being a guardian angel.

Matthew didn't lose anything, not to you. He saw it differently though since you were his whole world. To him, you were the purest angel he knew, the one he was destined to be with. He could only blame himself, but then again, he thought it was the right choice.

This was the only way to keep you as his. With you on earth, he can watch over you while also doing his job, which was patrolling and protecting heaven. He was very good at fighting, being the most skilled among angels in combat, so he could protect you from anything now, even yourself.

The only thing that was in his way was your best friend, who loved you. Only he could love you, so he got rid of the problem, though you just had to walk in while he was still choking on his own blood.

"Y/N, I do love you, more than life itself. You have to understand that I'm doing this to protect you. Think of it this way," he had taken your shaking hands in his, gazing into your eyes, "I'll always be able to see you and there'll be nothing in between us now."

You could only sob, pushing him away, his gold jewelry jingling. "How can you say that to me! You're standing here, your wings still attached to your back, with your gold jewelry adorning your body. You did this all for yourself, not for me."

Matthew sighed, your attitude something he very much wished to change. Releasing one of your hands, he reached back to his wings. The feathers bristled as he ran his hand through them, finding the perfect one to pick.

He sharply tugged on the finest feather, his wings jerking harshly as he pulled. Once he had the feather, he opened your palms, placing the pure white and gold feather in your hands. His blue eyes softened while peering over your soft features.

"I give you my most valuable feather, the one that signifies my position in heaven. I give it to you, as a gift of love. A gift from heaven can never be destroyed or parted from the one it's given to, though you already know that." He smiled sadly, knowing he had to leave you soon and that you would try as hard as you could to get rid of the feather.

You could only glare at the shining feather, displeased with the thought of having a constant reminder of what you had lost. Matt only sighed, placing his hands on your cheeks gently. "As long as heaven exists, so will you and I. As long as you have that feather, I'll always be able to find you, which means you can't escape me."

He ended his words with a wink, though you only rolled your eyes. "I know what this 'gift' really is, Matthew. It's a tracking device, one that I'll never be rid of, just like I'll never be rid of you."

The angel only shook his head, brushing white strands of hair from his eyes. "At least you understand that my love for you will be eternal and that we'll be together forever."

He knew he had to go, but he couldn't stand leaving you in the human realm without him. What if you got hurt, or manipulated by some conniving demon? You could care less, and even hoped that something would just end you so that you could escape the demented angel and be free from human burdens.

Matthew bit his lips, deciding to leave anyways. Before he left, he wanted to make sure you knew that he loved you, he always would. "Y/N, sweetheart, I love you so so much, remember that. I know that the human realm is unsafe, so I'll be working hard to fix another arrangement for us, sound good?"

You didn't respond, your eyes fixed out the window. He only wanted to cage you so that he could have you all to himself. You knew full well that he didn't actually care for you, but only loved you for the entertainment and comfort you provided.

Your lack of silence had made Matthew clench his fists, but he knew that with time, and perhaps some forced affections, you'd come around. That's why he wasn't afraid to grab your soft cheeks in his pale hands and press a kiss to your lips, relishing the sweet taste.

"See you soon sweetheart! Just remember that I'll always be with you, even when you're trying to resist me. Even when you run, I'll find you. You're mine, Y/N, forever and always."