9 . N I N E

As soon as he left , I flopped on the bed .

" Ah , this is tiring ." I said as I woke up again and went to the washroom.

I got ready , I opened the door to step out . I was busy in my mobile . The moment I stepped out I bumped onto someone , that person stumbled back yet it didn't affect me .

" Ouch." She said holding her temples . She looked at me as her eyes widened .

" I-I'm sorry ." She said and ran away from there before I could reply .

I shrugged it off and made my way to dinning table .

Ishitaa POV .

The moment our eyes met , I felt a weird sensation in my heart . But soon it face away when I understood what if my Appa has fixed the marriage .
This saree was already too much . Though it looked good on me . In order to fix the duppata I accidentally bumped onto him when we both were going for lunch.
Apologising to him I ran away with embarrassment .

" A-Amma , should I help you ?" I asked her .
" No , Godavari has already set the dinner . Just sit here ." She said as she made me sit on chair .
" Amma , take a sit . You're already overworking yourself ." I said as I dragged her with me .
" What now ? Guests are here ." She said but soon we got interrupted .
" What do you mean by guests ? We're not your guests Vidya . We're your family . If you call me as guest then I'll be outsider ." The Aunt who was supposed to come today said .
She was accompanied by him .
He looked at me and I looked at him as well . Our eyes met but soon I broke the eye contact as I felt too awkward .

" Didi , I didn't mean that . If you felt offended then I'm sorry . Take a sit , I've made your favourite dish ." Amma said as she pulled that Aunt gently .

" You still haven't changed , you're same old , polite yet loving Vidya . The Vidya I used to and I still have as best friend . Well where is your daughter ? I want to meet her ." That aunt said which made my mom chuckle .

" She's here ." My mom said pulling me infront of her .

" Oh my god ! She's so beautiful . She's also just like you. She looks like a carbon copy of you ." She said as she stood up and cupped my cheeks .

" I know . She's same like me . " My mom said proudly .

" Well who wouldn't love to have her as their daughter in law ?" She said as he , her son , choked in air .
As well my mom and me chuckled nervously .

" What happened to you ?" She asked him sternly .

" N-Nothing ." He said as he rolled his eyes secretly which was unnoticed by everyone but not me and he sat down on a chair handling his phone .

What rude nature ! He should atleast answer his mom politely .

" Don't bother about him . He's always like this but he's so kind too ." She said looking at me when I felt dumbfounded .
I just smiled in confusion in response .

" Prakash said he will join us later , he has a meeting ." My mom said as she looked a bit hesitant .

" He's always like this . Don't worry ." That Aunt said .

My mom started to serve as I stopped her and pulled a chair and made her sit on it . I secretly called Godavari.

" Godavari didi , aap yaha parosiye mein vaha paros deti hu ." I said as I told her to serve that cold man .
(" Godavari didi , You serve here , I'll serve there .")

" Ji , Didi ." She said as she began to serve him .
("Okay didi .")

Kartik POV