6 . S I X

" Okay , I'll tell you my decision tomorrow ."

" Are you ready for marriage ?"

" Ma , please-"

" Are you ready for marriage ?"

" Ma.."

"Last time , Are.You.Ready.For.Marriage ?"

" Fine ! Start looking for a girl !" I said controlling my anger as I was done with my stubborn mom . I gripped on steering wheel and focused on road as I didn't want to focus on that marriage thing .

" Good . That's like my boy !" She said pinching my cheeks .

I N   K E R A L A

Ishitaa POV

" I won't waste my time asking you thousands of time ! Are you ready for marriage ? I would be disappointed to hear a NO ." My father asked sternly .

Me and my mother were sitting opposite to my father . His gaze was stern .
He wasn't the same man I saw 10 years ago , as soon as he got Grandpa's company he changed . His whole body language , feelings and everything changed .

" Y-Y-Yes ." I replied as I shuttered under his cold aura .

" I'm doing this for you . You will be more mature and responsible because of this marriage ." His tone changed into soft one looking at my weak state under his aura . But those words were nothing but just convincing words which he said for sake of his mother and father .

" You can go now . Just remember that I'm doing this for you ." He said and asked me to go . I nodded in response and went .

" I'm ashamed of you , Prakash . Being well educated still I was unable to change your mindset . I thought I did but you're still that man who loves and works for his parents more than his own family . You can't love us like you do to your parents . Aren't we important as well ? Aren't we lovable as well ?" I could hear what my mom said as I hid behind the wall which supports the staircase .

" Do you even know what are you saying ? I've had enough of you , Vidya ! I heard enough . I'll do everything for them until my last breath because they gave me birth and they supported me till this day !" He raised his voice.

" What about me ? What about those childern ? Didn't they support you ? I left my career to support your career . Do you even know how your children feel ? How they feel about you ? Have you ever talked with them sweetly ? You've always compared them with each other. Thank God that they didn't understand it as important aspect that's why today they are so sensible . " My mom said as tears weren't going back , they followed their way out if her eyes .

" Just shut up ! I don't want them to be emotional like you ! I want them to be practical. In this world a person with emotions gets hurt and destroyed . I don't want my children to get hurt ! Moreover if I keep my ideal things of helping our parents then they will do the same in future for us !" He said as he tried to explain .

" Giving them birth , teaching them moral values , supporting their education and career as well mental health is our work . Expecting return because we did something for them is such a nonsense , Prakash ! You're just raising them in give and take way . A house doesn't work like that ." My mom said while sniffing .

" That's tota---" my father was about to talk but my mom interrupted saying ,

" Don't say anything ! Your definitions of life are different and ours are different that doesn't mean we should always follow you . Moreover understand one thing , if she feels suffocated and mentally depressing about this marriage , then I'm seriously warning you that no one will force her . She'll do what she wants . And I'll be by her side ."