19.THE UNINVITED STORM

“You will repeat what you won't repair”

Vihaan's POV

The final semester is bringing challenges due to increased pressure from studies, internships, projects, and of course, job placement. Despite this, I chose not to apply for placement as I made up my mind to join my parents' business.

“I hope you all have begun typing your project report for your viva. After two weeks, your viva will be conducted but make sure your reports are submitted on time to your guide ” Our professor instructed standing on the diers while many of them were busy working on their laptops. 

We resumed working on our respective projects once the lecture ended.

"This is so annoying ”Neil murmured sitting next to me and I glanced at his screen to find his progress. 

He is still stuck in the Research methodology of his project. 

“If I keep doing this at this slow pace, I don't think I will be able to complete it before the deadline,” He said in disappointment, tapping the keys hard.

“You will do it on time ” I cheered him up, while my fingers were busy typing and my eyes concentrated on the screen. 

We had to complete a six-month internship in any company while simultaneously surveying the organization to collect data from the required number of samples.

As an HR student, we were tasked with working on projects related to the workforce of any company. Ana and I were selected by two different companies, which resulted in a reduction in time spent together. However, I am wondering where Ana is today as she mentioned she would return to the classroom in  a while. 

I picked up my phone and texted her  -Where are you? 

I kept back and started with classifying the data though it was an online survey. I have to enter the data carefully during tabulation. 

••••••••••

At Canteen 

“I have been searching for you the whole campus” I placed my bag on the table, noticing Ana was completely engaged in her work. 

“Sorry but I have so much to do yet” She replied, her eyes concentrated on the laptop. 

“Tell me what's pending in the report work? ” I asked, trying to look into her screen. 

“Hmm, I guess by tomorrow my chapter three that is data analysis and interpretation will be over ” Her answer left me in shock as I guess she is leading in the project completion race in our friends group. 

“Oh I see ” 

“Yes, What about you? ” She asked, sliding her laptop away, stretching her arms, relaxing herself leaning back in the chair. 

“Maybe I will complete it within five days” 

•••••••••

After three days

“Anaya, how can you complete your project so soon?   You are only left with binding your report after printing it out ”  Khushi asked, surprisingly scrolling through the PDF on her phone. 

"Khushi even if you have completed 90% of the work.” She replied, taking her phone back but her smile suddenly turned into a straight line, and stepped back as if she had come across a ghost. 

I turned back to know the reason and my eyes squinted seeing Harsh, who approached us with zero grief of his previous deeds reflected on his face. 

“Hey, Vihaan ” He raised his hand to give a high five but I looked away.