25.THE PRE WEDDING FUNCTIONS- I

Make sure you comment down and vote as we are just three chapters away to end Forever Shall Last. Chapter 26 is available on scrollstack.link is in the bio.

Anaya’s POV

My eyes were engaged admiring the view of Manali beneath the starry sky from the balcony of my hotel room. The guests have been arriving since evening and my best friend will grace her presence by tomorrow morning as the pre- wedding functions will commence officially with the Haldi ceremony

“Anaya, you should sleep now” Niyati Bhabhi’s voice exited the room followed by her departure.

“Mumma, I wish you were here,” I said to myself, looking at the star which reminded me of Mumma. I remembered how Papa used to mention, pointing at the star every night when I used to ask where Mumma was after she left us.

Anu, see your mumma is smiling brightly in the sky. She is watching and safeguarding you from there.

I felt my eyes streaming down but wiped it quickly on hearing a surprising knock at this time. My feet turned back, heading to know who it was late at night only to find Mom standing outside the door.

“Haven’t you slept?” She questioned, quickly walking inside.

“I was about to” I replied but her eyes continuously analyzed my face perhaps she got a hint about my effort to conceal the truth.

Asking me to sit on the bed, she sat next to me and her face took a closer glimpse and asked “Were you crying?”

“No Mom. I didn’t” I lied, pasting a toothy smile making her believe I was perfectly doing well but perhaps she wasn't convinced.

“Missing mumma?” Her question was followed by her arm wrapping around my shoulder, giving me a warm hug resulting in my eyes involuntarily welling down hearing her question. 

“No Anaya. Don’t cry. “She patted my back, her hand simultaneously wiped away my tears. Neither did I utter a word nor did I raise my eyes to notice her.

“The only thing I would like to say to you and that is, Sukriti is happy to see her daughter getting married. Her blessings are always by your side.” I nodded hearing her words but deep down I yearned for Mumma's presence. I still remember how I used to avoid going to school whenever they conducted any event, especially for mothers. 

“Come on now cheer up or else your husband is going to ask me several questions. Why are my Ana’s eyes looking dull? Was she crying? And I won't be answerable instead make you face his questions” She chuckled, aiming to cheer my mood.

I nodded followed by a smile and she left informing me Vihaan had already embraced sleep due to traveling during the day from Jaipur to Manali. I decided to go to bed as I had to wake up early to get ready for the Haldi event as well.

The Next Day

“Geet, my ears” I screamed, removing the earring that caused a sudden sharp pain.

“Don’t shout. You have to wear this.” She tried inserting it. My ear was weak enough to tolerate the pain caused by the heavy earring though I decided to purchase it because of the design fitting it with the outfit.

“Aren’t you going to welcome me?” Avantika arrived in the room, along with her bag.

“Avu, don’t you have your exams?” Her sister asked quickly, assisting me to wear a maang tikka.

“ yeah yeah. I am leaving after Haldi this evening” She declared, unzipping her bag to get her lehenga.

My eyes fell on the yellow floral lehanga specially designed by Mom’s friend who is a fashion designer by profession. Geet left me alone informing me she would come back in a short period and Avantika went to Kavya’s room to get ready. It was just me until I witnessed Jinnie entering the room and giving me company.