14. THE DELICIOUS DATE

"Hand in Hand. You &Me.
Today. Tomorrow. Forever"

Vihaan's POV

Her message informed me that she will be here till 11am. As soon as I woke up, I made sure to clean my house and setup properly. Though she visited many times, it's our first date which I don't want to ruin.

My eyes glanced at the wall clock to check the time it's quarter to eleven. My phone started ringing . My hand reached the table to get it and it's from Dad

"Good morning Dad" I wished,answering the call.

"Good morning Vihaan. Where are you? "

"Home. We got our study holidays as we have semester exams after 2 weeks so"

"That's great. I have called you because I wanted to ask you how you found a girl like Anaya? I mean I know we always told you to find a girl but you found Anaya-a gem. Your mom finds a way to prove that she is the best for you"

The words from him resulted in blush over my cheeks. I mean they are happier than me.

"Vihaan, why are you so silent? Answer my question and also if you try to break her heart, I will legally disown you. She lost her mother when she was a kid, I never had a daughter but she is not less than that. I am telling you this because a kid is attached to his/her mother. Before she could receive and understand what a mother's love is, she left her. Don't ever try to break her heart ,she won't be able to overcome the pain. And be a man she can be comfortable with. "

"Yes dad. I know this. Sorry, I broke her heart once but not this time,I promise " The heavy words left my mouth, I can feel my eyes teary on realizing how true my dad's words are.

"I don't want to know your past but in the present she is with you. Okay, I have to go because I am leaving for airport as I have a flight to catch for Kolkata "

"Happy Journey. I will call you once you reach. "

And the call was disconnected.

The doorbell rang and I checked the time, maybe it's her. I walked to open the door but the bell rang again.

I opened the gate only to see her standing with a smile. The blue top which had a puff sleeve, matching it with pearl earrings and her left wrist had a watch, which was busy tucking her hair strand behind her left ear.

Her lips formed a smile and her mole near her lower lip was a cherry on the top.

"Vihaan " She snapped her fingers.

"Yeah. Welcome "

She came inside while I locked the door only to notice her removing her sandals in the shoe rack.

"You can wear those slippers " I pointed at one .

"No, I am comfortable walking barefoot " She replied and I followed her. She doesn't have a habit of wearing slippers at home so I removed mine too.

"Have your seat " I offered, looking at the sofa.

"What's the need for formality? You will get me a glass of water and I will be sitting here. I will have it by myself today Mr. Vihaan Raichand " She giggled while mentioning my name.

Her right hand moved on the wall when she headed towards the kitchen to get her a glass of water . I followed her as if I were her shadow who didn't want to leave her alone.

She opened the door of the refrigerator to get a water bottle. Her height is nearly 5 '4-5' 5 while I have a height of 6 '1.

She turned her head and offered me a water bottle asking to drink it but I refused.