2. THE FIRST DAY

❝Fate whispered and two worlds collided❞

ANAYA's POV

"Ha papa, I will take care of myself."I assured him by giving him a hug.

"Don't forget to have your food on time" Swastik Bhaiya ordered standing behind papa, a little away.

"Yeah. Aapko jana chahiye aapki flight hai and call karte rehna" I asked them, holding my tears back.

(you should go now you have a flight to catch and keep calling)

If I start crying now, papa and bhaiya won't leave me here alone.I don't want to get a breakdown right in front of them,making them change the decision of leaving me here.

"Take care and please tell me if anything bothers you"Bhaiya ordered and I bid them a goodbye standing on the hostel entrance.

My roommate is still unknown. I don't know who will be the one with whom I will be sharing for the next two years .I don't want a mean girl who is self obsessed about herself with a fake accent.

My room is on the first floor. My mind is filled with his thoughts. Geet was right, he has joined my college but I don't want him to be my classmate.

I opened the room door and found someone placing decors on the shelf of her side. I glanced at her look but I wasn't able to see her face as she stood facing the other side.

Should I greet her? What if she turns out to be meanie like Taani in my previous college? Anaya, you are left with no choice as you have to share your room with her.

"Hello"I said, slowly taking baby steps.

She didn't respond.

"Hiiii" I repeated again standing behind here expecting to answer this time.

She turned with a curved line on her face forming a smile.

"Hello, it's Khushi, Khushi Agarwal from Bikaner" She offered her hand for a handshake.

"Anaya Mehra from Hyderabad"I replied , giving her a handshake.

To be frank, saying my name and where I belong to was a huge task for me as if I had to lift a mountain over my head. She removed her hand and continue

"O.M" with an ear to ear smile,holding some box in her hand.

"No, HRM. You are from MBA - Department of Operation Management i.e. O. M?" I enquired, sitting on my bed.

"Yeah actually, but don't worry I am not a baddie aur meanie who believes in conspiracy theories " She informed, sitting nearby ,placing her box on the table.

She looks like a genuine person. Thank God. I wish she stays the same throughout the year instead of giving a trauma if she turns out to be one.

"When are your classes Anaya? "She asked, giving me chip packets.

"Tomorrow in Block E"

"Ohh, Great. My classes will start the day after tomorrow. We are yet to know where our classes will be. "She replied back, raising and opening her hair which was tied in a bun.

She is lucky to have long beautiful hair. Then I looked at mine which hardly touched my back. I kept my phone on the charger and I felt emptiness in my heart.

I looked at my lock screen which had a family photo . Papa, bhaiya, my pet dog Jinnie and me. Jinnie was sent to uncle's home for a few days as he was ill and the vet was close to their home.

Jinnie will return home tomorrow but he won't find me . I hope we don't miss each other. But I have to find his department. Just hope he is not in my class. Fingers crossed.