10. THE FRESHERS

You,  Ofcourse,
Always YOU ”

VIHAAN'S POV 

I arrived at my college as they have organized our freshers.  It's already 5pm and it's going to start within an hour. The mask party - the theme decided  by our seniors for us - asked us to follow the dress code. 

Mom has sent a formal suit of black colour especially for today. At first I thought of not attending by giving the excuse of fever but my parents who are so eager to find me a girlfriend compelled me that I should go and attend it. 

The welcome board along with the name of the theme and right arrow directed the students towards the venue.

Will she attend it? I don't have any idea but still hope for the best that she makes to the party today. 

“Vihaan, looking dashing. Any plan to find a girl? ”One of my classmates approached in my direction while I tried making an answer in my mind. 

“No… Not at all” I replied and my eyes scanned to find her but she wasn't present. 

He left and I stood in a corner along with the students of my department. Basically two to three departments collaborated to organize freshers parties. 

The students of HRM, OM AND Finance were arriving at the convention hall of the college. One of them handed us the mask to wear but I decided to wear it after a while. 

I roamed around  to search for her but she wasn't present anywhere. Should I text her roommate? No she wouldn't like it if I tried finding out about her through Khushi. 

"Hey Vihaan” I heard someone calling me and it's Khushi who came inside of the venue. She waved at me while I waved back but the moment stopped when I noticed her walking behind her. 

Her right hand holding the mask , she walked wearing an ivory dress with a square neckline . The pinkish and white bow over her dress made it enchanting. The white heels she wore made the sound contacting it with the floor, sending me a message of her arrival 

"Vihaan ” Her roommate moved her hand in front of my face to alert me of what's going around me. 

"Haa ky”

“ I have been calling you for the past five minutes. Where are you so busy looking? ” She questioned while I noticed her standing next to her but she remained silent, looking at her mask which was lucky enough to get touched by her. 

"I…  i was thinking about…  tomorrow” This is the only answer I came up with. 

“What's tomorrow? ” The investigation mode has turned on.

"We have off tomorrow. I will sleep all day” I answered though it wasn't true. 

“Leave it. I will come back in five minutes. You both have to wait here for me ” She left us. 

She stood without raising her eyes to even look at me. Am I looking that bad? I checked myself by turning my selfie camera on my phone. 

“Anaya, ” I said. 

She nodded without uttering a single word, not even a letter from the alphabet.