Chapter 17

Sara's heart felt like it had been shattered into a million pieces as she dragged her lifeless body back to her dorm room. Tears streamed down her cheeks uncontrollably, blurring her vision as she stumbled to her bed. She collapsed onto the mattress, her sobs echoing through the room.

Ashley,  was startled by the sound of Sara's cries and rushed over to her side. She gently helped Sara up, guiding her to sit on the bed. Concern painted her face as she saw the pain etched in Sara's features.

"Sara, what happened?" Ashley asked softly, her voice filled with empathy.

Amidst her tears, Sara began to recount the horrifying events of the evening. She described how Harry had tried to kiss her without her consent, and how Alex had intervened, punching Harry in defense of Sara's honor. The emotions bubbled up inside Sara as she relived the moment, her voice quivering with every word.

How In the heated moment, as they tried to kiss eachother

But their intimate moment was shattered as Mia,  suddenly appeared . Accusations flew. Mia accused Alex of cheating on her, pointing fingers at Sara and blaming her for breaking their trust.

The weight of Mia's accusations crushed Sara's spirit, her sobs intensifying as she realized the chain of events she had unknowingly set into motion. "It's my fault," she cried out, her voice breaking with despair. "What should I do?"

Ashley, observing Sara's anguish, knew she needed to calm her down. She fetched a bottle of sleeping pills and handed one to Sara, gently coaxing her to swallow it. "Take this, Sara. You need to rest," Ashley said soothingly, her eyes reflecting a mixture of concern and care.

As the sleeping pill began to take effect, Sara's sobs gradually subsided, her eyelids growing heavy with exhaustion. Ashley tucked her into bed, watching over her until sleep finally claimed her troubled mind.

In the stillness of the room, Ashley's thoughts raced, contemplating the complex web of emotions and relationships that had unraveled before her. She resolved to confront Sara once she woke, to guide her through the aftermath of the storm that had left devastation in its wake.

               ********************

Alex ran , desperately chasing after Mia. His heart was heavy with regret . As he caught up to her, he reached out to touch her arm, hoping to stop her, but Mia jerked her arm away, her eyes filled with hurt and disappointment.

"Mia, please, let me explain," Alex pleaded, stepping in front of her to block her path.

Mia's eyes were brimming with unshed tears as she looked up at him, her voice trembling with emotion. "Explain what, Alex? I saw everything. How could you do this to me?"

Alex's heart sank as he saw the pain in Mia's eyes. He reached out to touch her cheek gently, but she recoiled again, taking a step back. "I'm sorry, Mia. I never meant to hurt you.

Mia shook her head, her voice choked with emotion.  Alex, what we have is supposed to be special. I can't believe you would  kiss her

Alex's shoulders slumped in defeat as he realized the depth of his mistake. "I . Please, let me make it right."

But Mia just turned away from him, her shoulders shaking with silent sobs. Alex watched her walk away, feeling his heart shatter into a million pieces. He knew he had to do something to fix this,

Feeling lost and broken, Alex made his way to Jack's place, seeking solace and advice from his friend. Jack could see the turmoil in Alex's eyes as he entered the room, his face drawn and haunted.
Alex slumped onto the couch, his head in his hands. "I messed up, Jack. Me and Sara almost kiss, and Mia saw  stormed out before I could explain anything."

Jack sat down next to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.
You made a mistake  "Give her some time, Alex. Mia needs space to process everything. You can't force her to listen to you right now."

Alex nodded, knowing Jack was right. "I don't know what to do, Jack. I feel like I've ruined everything."

Jack leaned back, studying Alex carefully. "You need to be honest with yourself, Alex. Do you have feelings for Sara? And if you do, you need to be honest with Mia about it. She deserves to know the truth."

Alex sighed, the weight of his emotions heavy on his shoulders. "I-I. I care about Sara jack I have feelings for Sara , but Mia doesn't deserve all of this . I dont know what to do

Jack nodded thoughtfully. " you need to be Honest , Alex. Give Mia the time she needs, but also be honest with yourself and the ones involved. You owe it to all of them."

Alex looked up at Jack, grateful for his wisdom. "I will, Jack. I'll think about everything and give Mia the space she needs. I just hope she'll forgive me."

Jack patted his back reassuringly. "She will, Alex. Trust me. But you have to be truthful with her to make things right."
"

As Alex sat in silence, his mind racing with thoughts of Mia and Sara, Jack's words resonated with him. He knew he had to be honest with himself and with both women. Taking a deep breath, he resolved to confront his feelings and make things right.

As Alex left Jack's place, his mind was filled with thoughts of Mia and Sara. He knew he had to be honest with Mia and himself, but the uncertainty of the situation weighed heavily on him. He decided to take a walk, hoping the fresh air would clear his mind.

                    **************

Meanwhile, Mia sat alone in her room, replaying the scene she had witnessed over and over again in her mind. Anger and hurt swirled inside her, making it hard to think straight. She wanted answers, but she also needed time to process everything.