Chapter 14

Sara took a deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror, feeling a jumble of emotions swirling inside her. She wore a simple light blue dress that clung to her curves, accentuating her slender figure. Ashley had done her hair in loose curls that cascaded over her shoulders, framing her face delicately. She added a touch of makeup to enhance Sara's features, bringing out the green flecks in her hazel eyes.

"You look stunning, Sara," Ashley said with a warm smile as she stepped back to admire her handiwork. "Harry won't know what hit him when he sees you."

Sara managed a weak smile, her thoughts still lingering on Alex. She felt guilty for having conflicting emotions, torn between her loyalty to him and her own heart's desires. Ashley noticed the turmoil in Sara's eyes and reached out to gently squeeze her hand.

"It's okay to feel this way, Sara. You're allowed to have feelings for someone else, even if it's complicated," Ashley said softly. "But tonight is about making sure you have good time. You're doing this for Alex and Mia remember that."

Sara nodded, her resolve strengthening with Ashley's reassurance. She knew she had to put her own feelings aside for the greater good, for the sake of Alex and Mia's happiness. Taking a deep breath, she straightened her posture and forced a smile.

"Thank you, Ashley. I'll keep that in mind," Sara said, her voice steady now.
Ashley carefully applied the final touch of mascara to Sara's lashes, ensuring they were fluttery and demure. Sara sat nervously in front of the mirror, her hands fidgeting with the edges of her light blue dress. "I still can't shake off these feelings for Alex," Sara confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. "I feel like I'm betraying him by going on this date with Harry."

Ashley paused, setting down the mascara wand gently. She turned Sara's chair to face her, looking into her eyes with understanding. "Sara, you have to let go of those feelings for Alex," Ashley said gently but firmly. "He's with Mia , and you need to move on. This date is about you, not about Alex. You deserve to find someone who can reciprocate your feelings fully."

Sara nodded, a mix of resolve and uncertainty flashing across her face. Taking a deep breath, she stood up and smoothed out her dress. "You're right, Ashley. I need to focus on being happy tonight with Harry. Thank you for helping me get ready."

As Sara finished getting ready, there was a soft knock on the door.
Harry stood outside, a nervous smile on his face as he awaited Sara's appearance. With a final encouraging smile from Ashley, Sara opened the door to reveal Harry in his crisp navy blue shirt and black pants. "Wow, Sara, you look amazing," Harry breathed, his gaze lingering on her appreciatively." Harry said, "Shall we?"

Sara's heart skipped a beat at the sound of Harry's voice, and she turned to Ashley with a nervous gleam in her eyes. Ashley gave her an encouraging nod

"

Sara blushed under his intense scrutiny but managed a shy smile. "Thank you, Harry. You look great too."

Harry held out his arm for Sara to take, and she looped her arm through his, feeling a rush of excitement and nerves coursing through her. As they walked out of the dorm room, Sara stole a glance back at Ashley, who waved at her with a grin, silently cheering her on.

The evening air was cool and crisp as they entered the restaurant.

-----

Meanwhile, Alex stood in front of his mirror, adjusting his tie for what felt like the hundredth time. His mind was in turmoil as he debated whether to tell Mia about his unresolved feelings for Sara. Though he knew it would hurt her, he couldn't bear to keep such a significant secret from her any longer.

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Alex left his room and made his way to Mia's apartment. His heart pounded in his chest as he contemplated the conversation ahead, unsure of what the outcome would be. As he reached Mia's doorstep, he steeled himself and knocked, his emotions in a tumultuous whirl.

Mia opened the door, a radiant smile on her face as she greeted him. She wore a simple yet elegant red dress that hugged her figure, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Alex, you look handsome," Mia said, her voice filled with affection. "I'm so glad you're here."

As they left Mia's apartment, Alex couldn't shake the weight of the impending conversation. They walked in silence to the restaurant, the tension palpable between them as they navigated through their unspoken thoughts and feelings.

To their surprise, as they entered the restaurant, Alex's eyes landed on Sara and Harry at a nearby table. Sara looked breathtaking in her light blue dress, her eyes shining with happiness as she conversed with Harry. The sight took Alex's breath away, reigniting the buried feelings he had tried so hard to ignore.

Mia followed his gaze, her expression shifting from curiosity to realization. She turned to Alex, her eyes searching his as she sensed the unspoken truth hanging between them. In that moment, Alex knew he had to be honest with her, even if it meant risking their relationship.

As their eyes met in silent understanding, the tension in the air thickened, setting the stage for a night that would bring long-buried emotions to the surface and change the course of their relationships forever.