chapter 4

Ashley took a seat at the kitchen island as Sara continued to flip the pancakes with a skilled hand. The aroma of sizzling bacon and pancakes filled the air, making Ashley's stomach growl in anticipation. Sara, ever the gracious hostess, slid a plate of golden-brown pancakes and crispy bacon in front of Ashley.

"Thanks, Sara. This looks amazing," Ashley said appreciatively as she dug into the food.

Sara smiled. "You're welcome, Ashley. I always make extra in case anyone else wants some."

As they ate, the conversation flowed easily between them. They talked about their respective majors – Sara in medicine and Ashley in psychology. Sara explained how she was excited but nervous about her first anatomy class later that day.

Ashley nodded in understanding. "I feel the same way about my psychology class. I can't believe I am starting college already. It feels like just yesterday I was in high school."

As they finished their breakfast, Sara checked the time on her phone and realized they both needed to head to their first class. They gathered their things and walked out of the dorm together, reassuring each other that they would do great in their classes.

With newfound confidence from their chat, Ashley and Sara walked side by side toward the lecture halls, ready to take on their first day of college.As they walked towards the lecture halls, Ashley and Sara shared their nervousness about what to expect in their first class. Sara adjusted the strap of her backpack as they navigated through the bustling campus, the early morning sun casting a warm glow on the buildings around them.

"I hope the professor is nice," Sara said, breaking the momentary silence between them. "I've heard rumors that the anatomy class can be pretty tough."

Ashley nodded in agreement. "Yeah, and I've heard my psychology professor can be a bit intimidating. But, we'll get through it together."

They reached the lecture hall building, their footsteps echoing on the polished floors as they made their way to their respective classrooms. Sara paused and turned to Ashley, offering a reassuring smile.

"Let's meet up after class and compare notes, okay?" Sara suggested.

Ashley smiled back, feeling grateful for Sara's companionship on this nerve-wracking first day. "Sounds like a plan. We'll conquer this first day together."

With a final encouraging nod to each other, they parted ways and entered their classrooms, ready to embark on their college journey with newfound determination and support from a friend.

As Sara walked out her last class she was heading to her dorm and rest because she was very tired. Just then, Sara turned the corner and caught a glimpse of Alex and the girl locked in the passionate embrace. Shock and disbelief washed over her face as she stood frozen in her tracks, unable to process what she was seeing.

Alex finally pulled away from the kiss, his eyes half-closed with desire as he looked at the girl in front of him. As he turned to see Sara staring at them with a mixture of shock and hurt, he felt a knot form in his stomach.

Alex walk to Sara along with Mia
Alex : Hi Sara meet my girlfriend Mia and Mia this is  Sara
Sara: (Confused and hurt) "I... I didn't know you had a girlfriend. you never mentioned her."

Alex: (Looking sheepish) "I'm sorry, Sara. I should have told you.
Sara: Its ok it's not like that I'm sorry for saying that.

Mia: (Smiling warmly) "It's nice to meet you, Sara. Alex has told me so much about you."

Sara: (Forced smile) "Nice to meet you too, Mia. I had no idea."

Alex: (Trying to diffuse the tension)  Let's catch up soon and talk about everything. It's been too long, and I miss our friendship."

Sara: (Nods slowly) "Yeah, sure. Let's catch up sometime, Alex."

As Alex and Mia walk away, Sara is left standing there, feeling a mix of emotions. She watches them walk off, feeling hurt and questioning their past friendship. She wonders how she could have lost touch with someone who meant so much to her.

As Sara made her way back to the dorm, the image of Alex and the girl kissing lingered in her mind, churning up emotions she didn't anticipate. She quickened her pace, trying to push down the feelings of confusion and hurt that threatened to bubble up.

Sara kept asking herself why she was feeling this way. After all, Alex wasn't her boyfriend; he was just an old friend from childhood they had lost touch over the years. Now that they had reconnected in college, she had enjoyed catching up with him and sharing old memories.

As she entered her dorm room and flopped down on her bed, Sara tried to shake off the strange mix of disappointment and jealousy gnawing at her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to find a rational explanation for her unexpected reaction.

Maybe it was the sudden revival of their friendship that had stirred up long-buried emotions. Or perhaps seeing Alex with someone else had made her realize just how much she valued their connection, even though it had been lost for so many years.

Either way, Sara knew she needed to sort out her feelings before they consumed her. She couldn't let this newfound jealousy ruin the friendship she had been so happy to rekindle with Alex. With a deep sigh, she made a mental note to talk to him about it soon, hoping to find some clarity and closure on the matter.