Chapter 15

Alex and Mia stepped into the bustling restaurant, the aroma of delicious food wafting through the air. As they made their way to their table, Alex's eyes inadvertently fell upon Sara and Harry, who were engrossed in animated conversation, sharing smiles and laughter at a table across the room. Mia followed Alex's gaze and caught sight of Sara, her expression turning puzzled as she noticed the scene.

Something in Alex's demeanor gave Mia a sense of unease, a feeling that lingered as he took her hand and led her to their table. Seated now, Mia couldn't contain her curiosity and asked Alex softly, "What's going on? Why did you look at Sara like that?"

Alex, visibly disturbed, hesitated for a moment before responding, "Mia, now is not the right time. Let's just have dinner first, okay?"

Mia was taken aback by Alex's evasiveness. She felt a pang of hurt that he wasn't sharing his worries with her, that he was so distracted by whatever was happening with him. Throughout the meal, Alex's attention seemed divided. He would steal glances towards Sara and Mia  feel ignored, a sense of isolation creeping in.

At Sara and Harry's table, the conversation flowed smoothly, but underneath the facade of enjoyment, Sara couldn't shake the feeling of Alex's gaze on her. She tried to focus on Harry's words, a tight smile playing on her lips, concealing the turmoil within. Sara was upset, but she masked it masterfully, not letting her emotions betray her.

As the evening progressed, the tension in the restaurant seemed to thicken, each interaction laden with unspoken words and unresolved feelings. Alex's restlessness was palpable, his eyes darting back and forth between Sara's table and Mia. Mia, on the other hand, felt a gnawing sense of disappointment, wondering why Alex couldn't confide in her, why he seemed so distant.

Unable to bear the weight of the unspoken tension any longer, Mia finally spoke up, her voice tinged with hurt. "Alex, why are you so distant? Why won't you tell me what's bothering you?"

Alex looked torn, his internal struggle visible in his furrowed brow. "Mia, I promise I'll tell you, but not tonight. Let's just finish dinner and talk about it outside, please."

Mia nodded hesitantly, trying to stifle her emotions as they finished their meal in uneasy silence. Across the room, Sara's mask slipped slightly, a fleeting glance of sadness passing through her eyes before she composed herself once more.

The evening wore on, the weight of unspoken words hanging heavy in the air. As Alex and Mia left the restaurant, the tension remained unresolved, each of them carrying their own burdens, their paths intertwined with those of Sara and Harry, yet diverging in ways that only time would reveal.

            ********************

Harry arrived at Sara's dorm with a beaming smile, eager to walk her to college as they had planned. He knocked on her door and waited, his heart racing with anticipation. When Sara finally opened the door, Harry's smile faltered as he took in her downcast expression and puffy eyes.

"Sara, is everything okay?" Harry asked, concern evident in his voice.

Sara forced a smile, her eyes not meeting his. "Of course, everything's fine nothing to worry about."

Harry's brows furrowed in confusion, but he decided not to push further. He extended his hand towards her, ready to walk her to college. Sara took his hand hesitantly, trying to keep up her façade.

As they walked together, Sara's mind was still reeling from the previous night. She was all too aware of the twinge in her heart as she had caught sight of Mia and Alex together at the same restaurant. She had hoped for one peaceful evening with Harry, a chance to forget about Alex and all the heartache he had caused her. But seeing him with Mia had shattered that hope.

Sara stole a glance at Harry, who was chatting animatedly about his upcoming exams. She couldn't bring herself to ruin his excitement by sharing her inner turmoil. Instead, she focused on masking her true emotions, putting on a facade of happiness for his sake.

Harry, oblivious to Sara's inner turmoil, continued to talk, unaware of the storm raging within her. He reached out to squeeze her hand gently, trying to offer comfort in his own way.

As they neared the college campus, Sara took a deep breath, steeling herself to face the day ahead. She knew she would have to confront her feelings about Alex eventually, but for now, she plastered on a smile and followed Harry into the bustling corridors, all the while praying that her facade wouldn't crumble before the day was through.

                   ****************
As Sara and Harry walked out of the class going outside.
Sara felt sharp pain in her eyes she closed her eye. Harry sense this  let me look Sara
Sara took a few steps back, her face contorted in discomfort. "Harry, I don't know if this is such a good idea."

Harry shook his head, determination etched on his face. "Trust me, Sara. I just need to take a closer look."

Sara reluctantly nodded, allowing Harry to gently bring his hand up to her face. Their proximity felt closer than ever before, making Sara's heart beat a little faster. She closed her eyes, trying to focus on the cool touch of Harry's fingers on her cheek, attempting to block out the sharp pain in her eye.

Harry carefully lifted her eyelid, inspecting the corner of her eye. Sara's breath hitched as she felt his warm breath against her skin. She could feel Harry's concentration, his brow furrowed in determination.

After a few moments, Harry's touch turned lighter and more delicate as he attempted to remove whatever was causing Sara distress. Sara's body tensed as she fought the urge to pull away. The mix of pain, discomfort, and Harry's closeness was overwhelming.

As Harry managed to remove the foreign object from her eye, Sara blinked rapidly, trying to alleviate the lingering discomfort. Relief flooded through her as the pain subsided, but the tension between them remained palpable.

Harry eyes travel from Sara eyes to her full lips suddenly develop a desire to kiss Sara.
Sara's heart raced as Harry's face inched closer to hers. His hand gently cupped her cheek as he moved in for a kiss. Sara's eyes flew open in shock, and she took a step back, feeling uncomfortable with the sudden turn of events. "Harry, what are you doing?" she stammered, her voice shaky.

Harry's gaze darkened with desire as he ignored Sara's protests, leaning in further. But just as their lips were about to touch, a loud thud filled the air, and Harry suddenly lurched back, his face contorting in pain.