Chapter 13

Alex sat nervously next to Mia on a bench in the quiet corner of the college campus. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the surroundings. Mia glanced over at Alex, concern etched on her face.

"What's wrong, Alex?" Mia asked softly, breaking the silence that had settled between them. "You've been so distant lately. Is everything okay?"

Alex felt a lump form in his throat. He knew he couldn't hide his feelings for much longer. Mia deserved to know the truth, even if it broke her heart.

Alex took a deep breath, trying to gather his thoughts. Mia's puzzled expression wasn't making things any easier. "Uh, nothing is wrong, Mia," he finally managed to say, his voice slightly strained. Mia furrowed her brow, unconvinced by his response. She had noticed the subtle changes in his behavior, the way he seemed lost in his own thoughts lately.

"Mia, I've just been busy with studies, that's all. It's been stressful trying to keep up," Alex blurted out, hoping she would buy his explanation. Mia's gaze softened as she reached out to touch his hand gently, a look of concern crossing her face.

"Alex, you know you can talk to me about anything, right? I'm here for you," Mia said softly, her eyes searching his for any sign of what might be troubling him. Alex felt a pang of guilt as he looked into her caring eyes. He knew he was hiding something, something big that he couldn't share with her yet.

Taking a moment to compose himself, Alex suddenly had an idea. "Hey, Mia, how about we go out on a date night this weekend?" he suggested, a glint of excitement in his eyes. Mia's face lit up with surprise and delight at the unexpected proposal.

"Really? That sounds great, Alex! I'd love that," Mia exclaimed, a smile spreading across her face. Alex felt relief wash over him at her positive response. Maybe this would buy him some time to figure things out, to sort through the feelings he was grappling with.

Alex dropped off  Mia at her place and He went to Jack place

The room grew quiet as Alex hesitated, glancing down at his hands clasped tightly together. Jack could sense the turmoil within him, the weight of his words waiting to be released.

"Alex, what's going on?" Jack urged, concern etched in his furrowed brows

Taking a deep breath, Alex finally spoke, his voice almost a whisper. "Mia... Mia suspects something. She's been asking questions, noticing my behavior lately. I can't shake off this feeling that she's onto me."

Jack's eyes widened in surprise, his heart suddenly feeling heavy for Alex. he knew how much he had been struggling lately and seeing him like this only made to want to help him more.

"Have you... have you told her anything?" Jack asked

Alex shook his head, his expression pained. "No, I can't. I... I can't risk it. It's too dangerous, Jack. If she finds out, everything we've been working towards will be destroyed."

Jack's eyes searched Alex's face, his heart aching for him. he could see the fear and confusion swirling in his eyes, the weight of his predicament resting heavy on his shoulders.

"I... I don't know what to do," Alex confessed, his voice cracking with emotion. "I never wanted things to turn out this way, Jack. But now... now I'm torn. Torn between Mia and Sara."

He had always known about Alex's feelings for Sara

"I understand, Alex," Jack said gently, his  hand now resting on his shoulder in a reassuring gesture. "But you can't continue like this. Keeping secrets, letting the guilt consume you... it's not good for anyone."

Alex looked up at Jack, his eyes searching his for answers he desperately needed. "What should I do, Jack? How... how do I choose between them?"

Taking a deep breath, he spoke softly but firmly. "You need to be honest, Alex. With yourself and with them. It's the only way to find clarity in this chaos."

Alex nodded slowly, the weight of Jack's words sinking in. He knew He was right, that he couldn't continue living a lie. But the thought of hurting either Mia or Sara tore at his soul, leaving him feeling more lost than ever.

"I'll try, Jack. I'll try to do the right thing," Alex vowed, his voice filled with determination. "
Jack said gently  No matter what happens, I'll be here for you. You will get   through this.
As the week passed, Alex found himself preoccupied with conflicting emotions. On one hand, he cared deeply for Mia and cherished their relationship. On the other hand, his growing feelings for Sara were impossible to ignore. He was torn between loyalty and desire, between the comfort of familiarity and the thrill of something new but He decided that he is going to tell Mia the truth

"