chapter 16

Sara looked up and saw a Alex standing in front of them, a clenched fist still hanging in the air.  His eyes blazed with fury as he glared at Harry, who was now rubbing his jaw where Alex's punch had landed.

"What do you think you're doing, Harry?" How dared you try to kiss her or even fucking touch her.Alex growled, his voice low and dangerous. Sara's heart pounded in her chest as she tried to make sense of the situation unfolding before her.

Reflexively, Alex threw another powerful punch towards Harry, catching him off guard. Startled by the sudden turn of events, Harry stumbled backward, a look of shock on his face. Sara's heart raced as she she saw  Alex who had come to her rescue.

“Alex, stop!” Sara cried out, her voice quivering with a mix of fear and relief. She reached out towards him, her hands shaking as she tried to break the tension between the two men.

Enraged at the audacity of Harry's actions, Alex turned towards him with a steely gaze. “Fucking bastard ?” he growled, his fists clenched in anger.

Overwhelmed by the situation, Sara stepped in between Alex and Harry, her body trembling with a mix of emotions. She reached out to Alex, her eyes pleading for him to stop. In that moment, they felt a deep connection that transcended words—a silent understanding that bound them together.

As Alex and Sara locked eyes, a wave of unspoken emotions passed between them. In that intense moment, they both realized how much they cared for each other. Without a word, Alex wrapped his arms around Sara, pulling her close in a comforting embrace.

Sara buried her face in Alex's chest, feeling the warmth of his body and the steady beat of his heart. In that moment of solace, she knew that she was safe in his arms, protected from the chaos that had unfolded around them. Their bond grew stronger as they held onto each other, finding comfort in their shared understanding and unspoken love.

Harry straightened up, a defiant look in his eyes,
Sara took a shaky breath, grateful for Alex's intervention but still reeling from the almost kiss. She looked at Harry, her eyes now filled with disappointment and confusion.

Harry's expression shifted from desire to realization of his mistake. "S-Sara, I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Sara turned away, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside her. Alex placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, guiding her away from Harry and towards safety.

As they walked away, Sara's eyes locked with Alex's and in that moment, she felt a sense of gratitude and newfound respect for the Alex.

                 ****************

Sara's heart raced as Alex's warm embrace enveloped her trembling body. She could feel his chest rise and fall with each breath, his presence both comforting and confusing her. Sara's mind was a whirlwind of emotions, her fear slowly turning into a mixture of relief and uncertainty.

As Alex gently wiped away Sara's tears, his touch lingered on her face, sending shivers down her spine. She felt his thumb trace the outline of her cheek, his eyes searching hers for a sign of understanding. Sara's gaze met his, and in that moment, she saw a depth of emotion mirrored in his eyes that she had never noticed before.

Alex's own expression was a mix of concern and something else, something Sara couldn't quite place. His features softened as he gazed at her, the tenderness in his eyes piercing through her defenses. In that brief moment of vulnerability, Sara felt a connection she had never experienced with anyone else.
His face, so close to hers, carried a tenderness she had never seen before, and it stirred something deep within her.