chapter 7

Alex and Mia were saying their goodbyes outside the car. Mia gave Alex a quick kiss on the on lips before getting out and heading towards her apartment. Alex sat back in his seat, feeling a mix of confusion and guilt over the awkward kiss they had shared moments ago.
Sara felt a lump form in her throat as she struggled to hold back tears. Jack's concerned voice broke through her thoughts, and she quickly wiped away a stray tear before turning to face him. "I'm fine, Jack. Just tired," she replied with a forced smile.

Jack studied her for a moment, sensing something was off, but he decided not to press further. Instead, he reached over and squeezed her hand reassuringly. Sara managed a weak smile in return, grateful for his understanding.

Meanwhile, Alex and Mia were saying their goodbyes outside the car. Mia gave Alex a quick kiss on the cheek before getting out and heading towards her apartment. Alex sat back in his seat, feeling a mix of confusion and guilt over the awkward kiss they had shared moments ago.

As the car drove off, Sara couldn't shake the image of Alex and Mia out of her mind. She felt a pang of jealousy.Alex then dropped Jack and said good bye to him and asked Sara to sit in front Sara came out from car and sat on the passenger seat. There wa heavy awkwardness between them.

Alex walked Sara to her dorm room in silence, the awkwardness still lingering between them. Sara unlocked her door and turned to Alex, offering a weak smile.

"Thanks for dropping me off, Alex. I appreciate it," Sara said, her voice filled with exhaustion.

Alex nodded, a sense of concern crossing his face. "Are you sure you're okay, Sara? You seem off. Is there something on your mind?"

Sara hesitated for a moment, unsure of how much she wanted to share. "I'm just tired, Alex. It's been a long day, that's all."

Alex could sense there was more to it than just tiredness, but he decided not to push her further. "Alright, well, get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Sara nodded and gave him a small wave before disappearing into her room. Alex lingered for a moment, his thoughts racing as he tried to understand the tension between them. After a moment of contemplation, he turned and walked back to his car, the night air heavy with unanswered questions.

As Alex drove back to his own apartment, he couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had settled over him. He replayed the brief interaction with Sara in his mind, wondering what could be bothering her. Their friendship had always been effortless and filled with laughter, but tonight something felt different.

Parking the car, Alex sat for a moment, lost in thought. Finally, he decided to text Sara, unable to ignore the nagging worry that had taken root in his mind. He typed out a message, "Hey Sara, just wanted to check in again. If you ever need to talk or if something's on your mind, I'm here for you. Take care and get some rest. Goodnight."

After sending the message, Alex sighed and leaned back in his seat, hoping that Sara would feel comfortable enough to open up to him. Despite the awkwardness of their earlier interaction, he valued their friendship too much to let it be strained by unspoken tension. With a heavy heart, he gathered his thoughts and prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead in their relationship.Sara's heart skipped a beat as she read the message from Alex. She hesitated before typing a reply, unsure of how to respond. Part of her wanted to pour out her feelings and tell him everything, but another part was too afraid of what might happen.

After several minutes of internal struggle, Sara decided on a simple response: "I'm fine, thanks for checking in." She pressed send and tossed her phone on the bed, feeling a mix of relief and sadness washing over her.

She lay back on her pillows, staring at the ceiling and replaying the events of the day in her mind. The image of Alex and his girlfriend kissing and laughing together flashed before her eyes, causing a sharp pang in her chest.

She knew she had to confront her feelings and figure out a way to move on. As much as she wanted to hold on to the hope that Alex might feel the same way about her, she couldn't ignore the reality of his relationship with someone else.

Closing her eyes, Sara took a deep breath and made a silent promise to herself to focus on her own happiness and well-being. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but she was determined to find a way to let go of her feelings for Alex and move forward with her life.

With a newfound sense of determination, Sara sat up and reached for her phone. She typed out a reply to Alex's message, keeping it short and sweet: "I appreciate your concern, I'll be okay. Thanks." She hit send and let out a heavy sigh, feeling a weight lifted off her shoulders.

As she lay back down on her bed, Sara knew that it was a small step, but it was a step in the right direction. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to finally relax and let go of the tumultuous emotions that had been weighing her down. Deep down, she knew that
she couldn't shake off the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside her. She felt a mix of longing, sadness, and a tinge of hope that somehow, things might change. Yet, the reality of Alex being in a relationship with someone else was a painful truth she couldn't ignore.

She sat up, resting her back against the headboard, her thoughts racing. The events of the day played out in her mind like a movie reel, each moment with Alex etched in her memory. His smile, the way he looked at her, the shared laughter-they were all bittersweet reminders of what could never be.

Just then, her phone beeped again, signaling another message from Alex. With a shaky hand, Sara unlocked her phone and read his words: "I just wanted to make sure you're really ok. Let me know if you need anything."

Sara's heart fluttered at his concern, a small glimmer of comfort amidst the storm of emotions raging inside her. She took a moment to compose herself before replying: "Thank you, I appreciate your kindness. I'll be okay,

With a new sense of clarity, Sara closed her eyes, feeling the weight of the day slowly lift off her shoulders. She knew that healing would take time, but she also knew that she was strong enough to weather the storm and come out stronger on the other side.