Chapter 9

Alex's POV
My  heart sank as I watched Sara stepping out of the cafe, laughing and smiling with another guy. The sight of them together sent a surge of jealousy coursing through him. I couldn't look away, even though every fiber of his being wanted to turn and walk in the opposite direction.

My mind raced with a million questions. Who was that guy? How did Sara know him? The emotions swirling inside me were like a whirlwind, threatening to consume me whole.

I stood frozen in place, feeling a knot forming in my stomach. The laughter that once brought joy to my ears now felt like a sting. I clenched my fists, trying to push down the rising tide of jealousy and insecurity.

Taking a deep breath, I  tried to compose myself. I reminded myself that Sara was free to spend time with whomever she chose. But the ache in my chest refused to fade, the green monster of jealousy rearing its ugly head.

With a heavy heart, I  turned away, the image of Sara and the guy laughing together burned into my mind. As i walked away, I couldn't shake the feeling of jealousy and longing that gripped my soul, leaving me  with a bittersweet taste of heartache.
I walked towards my car
Jack looked at me with concern in his eyes. "Hey, man, you okay?" he asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath and finally lifted my head from the car. "No, Jack, I'm not okay," i replied, my voice tinged with frustration. "I just saw Sara with some other guy, and it hit me hard. I know she's not my girlfriend, but I can't shake this feeling of jealousy."I think I'm interested in Sara you were right now what should I do I sighed in frustration.

Jack nodded understandingly, patting me on the back. "I get it, Alex. It's tough seeing someone you care about with someone else, even if you're not officially together. But you've got to remember, you're with Mia now. Focus on what you have in front of you."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "You're right, Jack. I need to stop overthinking things and appreciate what I have with Mia.

Jack smiled reassuringly. "Exactly, man. Just take a deep breath, let go of those thoughts, and focus on the present. Mia is a great girl, and she's lucky to have you."

With Jack's words ringing in my ears, I took another deep breath, pushing aside the thoughts of Sara and the other guy. I turned to Jack with a grateful smile. "Thanks, Jack. I needed that reality check. Let's go find Mia and make some plans for tonight."

As we sitin the  car, I  felt a weight lifted off his shoulders. I  knew i still have some sorting out to do in my mind, but for now, I was determined to cherish the present and the relationship i had with Mia. With Jack by my side, i felt ready to face whatever challenges came my way.

Me ,Jack  and Mia settled onto the cozy couch in my apartment, surrounded by an array of snacks . Mia grabbed the remote and started scrolling through the options on the Netflix.

"What movie do you feel like watching tonight?" I asked, reaching for a bowl of popcorn.

"How about we start with a comedy?" Mia suggested, a smile lighting up her face. "I could use a good laugh."

"Sounds perfect," I agreed, tossing a piece of popcorn into my mouth.
Suddenly Mia said excitedly I think we should call Sara and Ashley and invite them. Remember we had fun with them other day and besides that she is good friends of yours it will be fun what do you guys say?
"Alright, Mia, if you really want to invite Sara and Ashley, then go ahead. I don't mind."

Mia smiles and quickly dials Sara's number. As the phone rings, i can feel my heart racing slightly. I try  to push down the conflicting feelings that rise up in me.  lately, my feelings toward Sara have been more complicated.i dont know how to confront them.

Jack notices my unease and gives  me reassuring smile. "Hey, it's just a movie night. Nothing to worry about."
I glanced at Jack, who gave me an encouraging nod, and then turned to Mia, who was eagerly waiting for his response. With a deep breath, i dialed Sara's number and waited anxiously for her to pick up.

"Hello?" Sara's voice came through the phone.

"Hey, Sara, it's Alex. We were planning on having a movie night with Jack and Mia, and Mia suggested we call you and Ashley to join us. Would you be up for it?" I asked, trying to sound casual despite the nerves gnawing at him.

There was a moment of silence on the other end before Sara replied, Let me check with Ashley, can you hold for a minute so I can ask Ashley I can feel uneasiness in her voice
After a brief silence I heard Sara voice through my mobile

Relief washed over my face as Sara agreed to come. I didn't want  Mia to get any ideas if Sara refused.

After ending the call, I looked at Mia, who was beaming with excitement. "See, I told you Sara would come! It's going to be a great night," Mia said cheerfully.

Jack added, "Yeah, it'll be fun. Let's pick out a few movies and get some snacks ready. This movie night is going to be epic."

As they prepared for the movie night, Alex couldn't shake off the mix of emotions swirling inside him. But amidst the uncertainty, he felt grateful for the support of his friend.

Alex forces a smile, hoping that he can keep his feelings in check for the night. As he prepares for the movie night to begin, he knows that he's in for a rollercoaster of emotions with Sara's presence.