Chapter 36

"Sapientia potenita est."

"Wisdom is power"

~Kennedy~

I haven't left the house since the night of that event. I don't know what happened, I mean one minute were vibing and listening to music and the next Riri is trying to get me in the house I am throwing up everywhere. Needless to say, my aunts were upset when they found out and they questioned me for hours asking me if I'd drank anything or if they hurt me. None of that happen to my knowledge I held my drink the whole time and I wasn't even drinking that much. I had a cranberry and vodka and that was it. I asked Riah if she noticed anything different when she came and found but she didn't, she just said I was sitting real close to DJ and I was swaying to the music. I would hope that they didn't do anything stupid like drug me but then again it would make sense if they did it'd be the quickest way to see what my moms are really capable of.

Hey! How you feeling? Better now, I said looking at Riah. I still don't remember what happened that night. I didn't leave my drink unattended or nothing so how would they get me like that. I don't know, I guess this is what mama meant when she said you gotta watch everything and you can't trust no one. You telling me. Speaking of them when are they coming home. They should be in the air right now. Titi Asia is doing better so they are coming back home. That's good, I've been praying for her as well. Me as well. Oh, and Titi Kalea had her baby as well. It's so weird calling her Titi when she's not that much older than me. You know how the moms are, it don't matter you show respect. What did she have? A little girl, she named her Lyra Alexis. Hmph, I said nodding. You ever think about what it would be like if you had the baby? Every day of my life. But then I think about the stuff that I went through and I'd never be able to go through that stuff and have a baby as well. Nope but maybe, it would have kept the family together longer. You think so! You really think Mom would have left if you had the baby there? She may have found a different house in Atlanta but leave the state I doubt that they could fight all they want but they not about to leave no babies. You too much I said laughing a little. It's truth they are suckers for babies. That they are. One day KK you'll have your baby and make up for the one you didn't have. Maybe then again, maybe not. I'd been thinking a lot about the conversation that I had with mom and she made a lot of valid points. I do love Jewels and she was right she knew me better than anyone did but physically and mentally. But how do I go from denying her to allowing myself to love her openly without fault. I was too caught up on the outside perception. Just because my mom married women I had to as well, but that wasn't true, you love who you love and I just so happen to love my best friend.

If you're up here who's watching the kids? Jasmine! She finally came back. Apparently so, she's down there now with the kids they're swimming. Swimming doesn't sound like a bad thing to do right now. I was thinking the same thing she said smirking at me. Let's go before they get out; I said getting up out the bed. I felt much better and a little sun wouldn't hurt me. Once I changed, I grabbed my phone and went down to the pool with Riri. Are you feeling better, Jasmine said as we sat the towels down? I am feeling a lot better, it must have been bug or something. You have to be careful with those. I definitely will in the future. Did you enjoy your vacation? Haha very funny! Who's laughing it was an honest question. I spent my time going to auditions. Auditions! Yes, I want to be an actress and that's what I do in my free time. Forget what you do in your free time, why were you trying to get into our moms office, Riri said. Cut straight to the point huh! It's the only way we know. I was put up to it by someone. Someone like who? DJ and Camilie! Hmph so you were spying on us. Essentially yes, I was. Why? Huh! Why were you spying on us! They said that yall took something from them and that they wanted to get it back. I was naive and didn't realize that what they were talking about I wasn't going to find in the physical sense. What where you going to find in their office? Paperwork or anything that could prove that they had something to do with their father's death. What would our mothers have to do with their father's death? They suspect they had something to do with it. They are a lot of things but murders they aren't Riri said looking at her. I am sure they have their secrets. Everyone does but that isn't one of them. What do you think they do for a living? We don't think we know and they own businesses, they always have anything outside of that is just hearsay. Yall playing coy about their real job. What is it that your parents do Jasmine? She sniffed before looking up at me, my mother works at Georgia Power in Atlanta and I don't know my father. He bounced before I was born. All I know about him was that he was some big-time football player in college and he went pro when he was finished. Your father is a professional football player? That's what I was told ain't never met him before to know if it was true.