I don’t think he will forget. 

And I don’t think I could—

“I want you to know.”  I was awoken by Andrew’s calm voice. I looked at him. We both smiled. These stupid smiles! Andrew rubbed his face as he sighed. He stood up.  

“Ok, I’m walking you to your class.”  

He offered me his hand to help me stand up but I didn’t look at him. I kept on looking down. A blank expression evident in my face. Out of the blue, I spoke. As serious as Andrew was a while ago. 

“Shawn.”  

Vincent was the only person I trusted with this and I promised him that I will never talk about this anymore. But here I am, breaking my promise. Telling Andrew everything about this Shawn guy. 

"We were in a crazy romantic relationship. We were absolutely crazy. We were happy. But I just have to break him up. You know why? Because I was stupid enough to have my eyes closed the whole damn relationship and just be blind that he was cheating on me. I was only 16 then. But I never regretted to have Shawn in my life. In fact, after the break up, I started calling him Billy again. He became my second best friend next to Macey. I forgave him. And he promised not to hurt me again or he'll experience the wrath of my brother for the second time. Yeah, when my brother knew about the whole cheating thing, he was so angry that he punched the life out of Billy. He did great out there. Anyway, Billy and I just forgot about the whole stupid relationship and we just laugh everytime we think about it."

No commas. No periods. No pauses. I just told him the story continuously. And also monotonous.  

Shock was evident on Andrew's face. 

"It's hard, if you think of it. But you'll get used to the pain." 

Then Andrew smiled at me. Without any other word spoken, he walked me to my class.

I smiled at the thought, Andrew actually trusted me with something so dear to his heart. And in return, I trusted Andrew with bullshit in my life. It wasn't that dramatic, I know, but it was a special to me. It was something that made me realize that some things are worth another try and some people are worth forgiving. Billy Shawn was worth forgiving. Then a question ran through my mind. 

How long have I been standing here in the middle of the parking lot? 

I shook my head quickly and continued walking towards the coffee shop. Pushing the door, I sighed as I remembered how Perez left me here alone when he knew I’m still not perfectly familiar with the whole place. As I entered the coffee shop, I noticed how a few more people have added to the atmosphere. The coffee table that Perez and I occupied earlier is now used by an old couple. A smile found its way on my face as I saw the scene. 

As I looked around, I saw a girl holding a folder and Andrea showing her around. She’s probably an applicant. I smiled when a thought hit me. Why don’t I apply for work here in this exquisite place? I can put up with that.

When Andrea caught sight of me, she smiled and I smiled back. I went to see the ‘freedom board’ and noticed more notes stuck on it. They are certainly not from kids. There’s one that said ‘PWEDENG DITO NA LANG AKO TUMIRA?’, another one stated ‘GREAT PLACE’. And I should agree to the two persons who wrote those notes. But there’s a particular note that got my attention, ‘BLAKE PEREZ AND SOME RANDOM GIRL’. 

SOME RANDOM GIRL.

My eyebrows furrowed after I read the note and my lips started twitching. People call me ‘some random girl’? Seriously? I took a paper from the bowl and started writing.