83. It Was Me

A step you can't take back / Aegon Targaryen out now!!

"Oh my... Oh Aemond," Avalon whimpered kneeling before him. "Oh my sweet baby boy..."

''How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers.'' Viserys demanded as a maester tended to Aemond

''The princes were supposed to be abed, My King.'' Harrold told him

''Who had the watch?'' Viserys spat.

''Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace.'' Criston reminded him.

''You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!'' Viserys shouted in outrage.

''I'm very sorry, Your Grace.'' Harrold told him.

"Oh my sweet baby boy," Avalon sobbed out kissing his hands. "Honey what happened?"

"I claimed a dragon-" He flinched at the needle sewing him back up. 

''The Kings guard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace.'' Criston remarked.

''That is no answer!'' Viserys spat.

''It will heal, will it not, maester?' Alicent offered as Avalon sobbed out.

'The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace." Maester Kelvyn remarked solemnly. 

He will have to close an eye... Alicent looked to Helaena, could she had known? Alicent thought she was talking about a bug just her weird little riddles, but could she have known what was coming? Why not warn them? Warn Aemond! Alicent couldnt breathe. 

'Oh my sweet baby boy, my baby boy, my baby..." Avalon cried out into his knees, her heart hurt she couldnt imagine the pain he was in right now. 

''What is the meaning of this?'' Corlys demanded as him and his wife came in to see a bloody mess.

''Baela, Rhaena!'' Rhaenys declared ''What happened?'' Rhaenyra and Daemon came in next, Rhaenyra ran to her boys while daemon stayed the spectator in the corner of the room, leaning against the doorframe. 

''What happened? Jace? Luke! Show me. Show me.'' Rhaenyra demanded holding his face in her hands. ''Who did this?''

''They attacked me!' Aemond corrected. 

''He attacked Baela!''

''He broke Luke's nose!'' they were all shouting contradicting statements.

''He stole my mother's dragon!'' Rhaena shouted

''Enough.'' Viserys said but they didn't stop.

''He was gonna kill Jace!'' Luke shouted back.

''I didn't do anything!'' Aemond shot back his eye sewed up a long stitch over his left eye. 

''Enough...'' Viserys said louder

"Where is Vaera?" Avalon realized. "Where is she?"

''It should be my son telling the tale! He called us...''

''Silence!'' Viserys demanded his cane pounding into the ground.

'He called us bastards." Luke whispered to Rhaenyra

''Aemond... I will have the truth of what happened. Now.'' Viserys demanded.

"Do not use that tone with him." Avalon demanded rising up. "He lost an eye, you will not turn this on him, Viserys." Avalon seethed and viserys settled. 

"Aemond," Viserys requested calmly. "What happened, son?"  Avalon let out a shaky breath. 

''What else is there to hear? Your son has been maimed. Her son is responsible.'' Alicent spat.