46. Icky

Things I Wish You Said / Gregor Clegane / Vaera Targaryen

The throne room was filled, whispered voices echoed Daemon's name. Viserys stood ready to reprimand his brother. Daemon walked forward with confidence though, the kings guard unsheathed their swords ready to attack, to protect their king. A crown on Daemon's head he threw down his sword before them.

A crown on Daemon's head he threw down his sword before them

"Add it to the chair.' He offered it clattered before Viserys as the crowd murmured with anticipation.

'You wear a crown.' Viserys noted. 'Do you also call yourself "King"?' he sneered. Avalon tried to push through but she was always the smallest person in the room it seemed, she tried to elbow her way past the onlookers.

'Once we smashed the Triarchy, they named me "King of the Narrow Sea." Daemon informed him and the crowd murmured again, Daemon was no king. Everyone knew of his reputation. 'But I know that there is only one true king, Your Grace.' Daemon assured. 'My crown and the Step stones... are yours.''

'Well, where is Lord Corlys?' Viserys questioned hesitantly, Daemon was not one to bend the knee willingly. Avalon shoved ahead and she stared at her handsome Daemon. A sad smile covered her face, he was back. She looked pleadingly to Viserys to let him stay, to forgive him but Viserys was focused on Daemon. They were family, he needed to stay, she was his big brother, her troublesome big brother but she missed him dearly. 

'He sailed home to Driftmark.' Daemon told him

'Who holds the Step stones?' Viserys countered

'The tides... the crabs, and 2,000 dead Triarchy corsairs, staked to the sand to warn those who might follow.' Daemon informed him. Viserys got closer to him and the crowd held its breath.

"Vis," Avalon's little voice traveled up to the throne. Viserys nodded back at her, of course he was going to forgive Daemon, he would always forgive Daemon.

'Rise.' Viserys said hugging Daemon as he rose and the crowd applauded, there would not be war, but peace. 'The realm owes you a great debt, brother. Come. This is our chance...'

Avalon ran up to Daemon and he spun around picking her up and spinning her around.

"Hey trouble... I missed you." Daemon cooed kissing cheek. Rhaenyra stared up at them, wanting Daemon's lips on her own. 

~

"why does Viserys always get story time?" Daemon had questioned. "You know I have a much better voice than him too." Daemon added when he walked in on their nightly ritual.

"You have to make it a good story, Dae." Avalon warned.

"I guarantee it is going to be better than Viserys." Daemon told her confidently. Avalon always found it funny that her brothers wanted to compete for her attention and love, who the favorite was.

"Good on, impress her. I warn you, she only like dragon stories." Viserys told him.

"Are there any other stories?" Avalon countered.

"Alright," Daemon agreed flopping down on the bed he leaned against her and she laughed out.

"Daemon I cant breathe! You are squishing me!' Avalon declared and Daemon jumped up pulling her to his chest. She laughed out as he trapped her in his arms.

"A long, long time ago, in a kingdom far away-' Daemon began.

"Which kingdom?" Avalon questioned.