36

Leo slid under the bed as a light flipped on in the hallway.

He nearly yelped when he felt his foot kick something. In the smallest amount of light he thought cursed him, a gun laid by his feet. Leo's luck was beginning to change.

Still, he waited patiently. He counted the footsteps.

They came closer finally, falling into rhythm with his pounding heart. Holding his breath as the door creaked open, a large shadow engulfed the light momentarily, before it moved into the room farther.

The light switch flicked on, and the door slammed shut. He knew he could make his move then.

As soon as the person was close enough to where he hid under the bed, Leo slipped his pocket knife from its hiding spot, and stabbed it into the exposed skin of an ankle.

"AH! What the fuck?!"

Rolling out before he could hesitate, Leo raised the gun to Cartman's ugly face. "Eric." He couldn't fight the smirk as his nemesis, and cousin, started to sweat under the pressure of the weapon. Except, he still wanted to do things his way, so he clicked on the safety. "Where's your lockbox?"

Although Cartman was shaking nervously, he tried to chuckle to cover it up. "What fucking lockbox? Why don't you-"

"Why don't you shut the hell up?" Leo hissed. He managed to keep his voice low, in case Liane was around. "I know you have it. I've known about it for years!"

His small eyes squinted in confusion. "Are you serious right now? How long have you been working against the damn family, Leopold?!"

"My whole life." Giving up on questioning his stubborn cousin, Leo started rummaging through his things. He knew that Kenny would've done the same thing when he snuck in before, but they hadn't gotten to discuss whether, or not he found the box. It wasn't the right time to kick himself for it now.

Cartman didn't want to stay defeated, of course, diving for his cellphone as Leo went to look through the closet. He raised the gun towards him again, making a point to unclick the safety when Cartman assumed he was bluffing. Butters didn't understand why no one wanted to take him seriously.

They grew up together, Cartman knew how to press his buttons - he fucking loved it, too. He could see Leo's uncertainty, and hesitations. "You can't do this without Kenny McCormick, can you?!" He guffawed in the face of the barrel. "I've known that poor, dirty, loser our entire lives! I can't believe you ended up with a McCormick! You're a goddamn disgrace!"

One, two, three, four - he can't hurt me anymore.

Leo had to repeat it to himself to keep from unloading the gun into his face; it was something he'd done since he could remember, to conquer Cartman's abuse. He knew it wasn't worth it, either. Kenny wouldn't want him to throw his life away.

Besides, Cartman had no control of him now.

Snatching the cellphone from his hand, Leo started rummaging through the closet again. It wasn't a coincidence that Cartman panicked when he neared it before, and the sad part was, he hadn't even bothered to hide it anywhere in the closet.

"Dude, you're such an idiot!" Butters chuckled with astonishment. He grabbed the lockbox down from the top shelf, turning to the pouting blob on the floor. Even now, he kept the gun on him though, knowing that if he gave him even an inch, Cartman would take it. "You should've destroyed this stuff.. What's your stupid plan?"

Expecting Cartman to start spouting off about some ridiculous ploy, he held his mouth closed, and looked at the floor. Leo waited, he'd wait as long as it took. After only about thirty seconds though, Cartman was already about to crack: "Goddamnit, fine! I don't have another plan! Your stupid dad was supposed to kill Kenny. Again."