35

The twenty minutes the gang spent waiting for Wendy and Bebe to arrive at the hospital were grueling.

After they texted Kyle that they were stuck in the Mayor's house, he jumped to the conclusion that they'd been caught when it took them so long to show up. Finally, when the girls burst through the waiting room doors, the gang engulfed them into a large group hug as Wendy began sobbing uncontrollably.

"W-What happened?!" She choked through sobs to ask, looking to her friends desperately.

Kyle hadn't wanted to explain the series of events until everyone was there, while Clyde remained locked in his spot in the uncomfortable, blue waiting room chair. He stared into the abyss, crumbled by the memory of his very best friend getting shot. Since he was the only semi-stable witness, Kyle had to swallow the sick threatening to climb up his throat.

"Cartman somehow knew we were coming, and had backup." Kyle began with a whisper, shuttering as the memories kept replaying like a sick, endless loop. "We tried to run, but Butters' dad shot Tolkien, and Ken started beating the shit outta him. I-I had to stop him, or he was gonna kill him.."

Leo had been anxiously pacing behind the rest of the group, but as he heard Kyle's explanation, he stopped dead in his tracks. His blood ran cold. "My dad did this?" It was more a question to himself as he raked his hands through his hair, pulling at the ends until it made his eyes sting with tears. "Oh my god!"

Expecting everyone to start berating him for being a part of such a shitty family, he became almost combative as the gang started comforting him. They pulled him into their group hug. He belonged. He felt like this was his fault, yet, they chose to accept him. Leo couldn't fight the tears anymore as even Craig patted his shoulder comfortingly.

They didn't hate him.

"Butters," Kyle held onto his wrist, waiting for his tear-filled eyes to meet his own. "W-What do we do now? We lost.."

To say that they lost, gave Leo pause. Kenny's part of the plan had gone as wrong as possible, but not everyone's part failed. He wiped away his tears, remembering how hard Kenny worked to piece all of this together with him. They couldn't give up. And he couldn't let his dad get away with hurting his friends.

So, Butters cleared his throat, and took a step back from the gang of emotionally damaged teenagers. "We didn't lose!" They exchanged some doubtful looks. "I know Ken's part went horribly wrong, but the Nazis are gone.. Bebe and Wendy, what happened at the Mayor's?"

Before anyone could give a response, a doctor approached from the emergency room doors, holding a clipboard in his arms. He looked distracted, rapping his fingers anxiously on the object. "Excuse me? Are you friends of.." He lifted the papers again to search for the names. "Kenny McCormick and Tolkien Black?"

"Yes!" They all answered simultaneously, crowding around the doctor.

"Are they okay?!" Stan questioned anxiously - it was the first time he'd spoken since getting the call from Kyle.

"They're in the same room, 24b on the left, through those doors. Your friends will be fine, but since there's no family members present, I can't release more information." He pointed behind him through the emergency doors, but before they could start towards their friends, the doctor put a hand up. "Do we need to call the police?"

Craig scoffed openly. "You can try. Doubt they'll show up."

He impatiently led the gang through the doors, damn near shouldering the doctor that operated on Tolkien, and beelined for their friends' room. None of them complained about his aggression - they were all anxious to see Tolkien and Kenny too. They needed to see that they were truly okay.