30

Kenny, Leo, Craig and Tweek decided to catch up with Stan at his house the next morning.

Luckily for them, Kyle appeared to be nowhere in sight. Kenny knew that in general, that wasn't a good thing for Stan. His intuition appeared to be correct when Stan came staggering out of the house, unshaved, unshowered, and smelling like alcohol. Shit..

Surprised by the appearance of his friends, Stan attempted to straighten himself out. It wasn't working like he hoped it would - his hair was still knotted, and the black bags under his eyes hadn't magically disappeared. "O-Oh, hey boys!" Kenny moved to catch him when he stumbled off the front porch steps, the drunk boy slammed into him awkwardly as he also tried to catch himself. He knew, despite his drunkenness, he couldn't lie about his condition now. "So-o-o, obviously I'm drunk!"

Craig's forehead slap echoed through the neighborhood. "No, dude, I thought you were sober."

Sighing at the rude sarcasm from his boyfriend, Tweek helped Kenny steady their friend. "I-Is it Ky?"

Hanging in the background, as he did too often, Leo felt guilty; Stan's lost sobriety was on him. He knew he could've been honest with the gang, yet he hadn't even tried - truthfully, Butters had been too scared. Even though Stan was drunk, Leo stepped in front of him, locking eyes with his hazy, brown ones. "Stan, I'm sorry."

Patting the blonde boy's head, he smiled loopily. "Not your fault, Kenny lover!" Kenny couldn't help but to groan at that one, though it was interrupted by Stan falling to his knees dramatically: "Ky.. oh, Ky! Love of my life.. Damn, he-he is a cute, fiery, stubborn one!"

Kenny determined he couldn't go to school like this. They hadn't seen Stan this shitfaced in a long time, and it was admittedly disappointing when he had accomplished sobriety for over a week. It didn't seem like that long, yet any progress was progress. He had been sent spiraling down into a black hole of abandonment when Kyle left, and this was the only way he knew how to cope. Kenny didn't want to let him fall back into this ugly cycle.

Craig took Tweek's spot where he held Stan up, walking with Kenny back towards the house where they could set him somewhere to rest. Once he was on the couch, Craig left him to talk to Stan alone, not interested in helping their friend emotionally. He could handle Kenny and Tweek - that was about it. Everyone else could figure it out.

Once Craig was gone, Kenny went to drape a blanket across him, only for Stan to grab his arm: "Make-Make sure Ky is.. okay.." He drifted to sleep as soon as the last word escaped his mouth. He only felt peace when he was unconscious, it seemed, as his face relaxed finally.

Kenny came out of his house feeling heavier than before. He had finally gotten through to Stan about his drinking, and because of his fuck up, his best friend had sunk to his lowest. The Mob wasn't going to defeat him though, Kenny refused to give into his guilty feelings. He would make sure everyone knew that he was truly sorry, but he wouldn't sacrifice himself to make them understand. That had become pointless.

The walk to the school was silent. To make things less suspicious to the Mob, Kenny walked next to Craig instead, while Tweek and Leo walked together - it didn't help the tense silence. He wanted to walk hand in hand with his boyfriend, and Kenny was sort of pissed off he couldn't.

Ya know what? I'm just fucking pissed! Kenny clenched his fists at his side as he yelled to himself. I'm fixing this, whether they like it, or not.

The other three let Kenny silently argue with himself. They recognized his determined look, and didn't want to interrupt his process of forming a plan; he often had the best plans when he was angry. Kenny enacted the plan before they were ready though, entering the school with a sharp focus towards the courtyard.