29

Kenny stared at Leo for longer than he should've. He needed to respond, to say something to his admittance, but he was dizzy as he replayed the scene over, and over again.

Since he hadn't said anything, Leo was starting to panic, reaching for the door knob to make his escape; his attempt was interrupted when Kenny gently grabbed his wrist instead. His heart thumped rapidly as he felt his skin on Leo's, the itch for more of his touch overwhelming him - Kenny pulled him closer, and searched his soft, blue eyes.

"Are you.. Are you sure?" He whispered in desperation, watching for any sort of regret to cross his face.

Despite the fact that he was blushing intensely from how close they were, Leo nodded quickly. "Y-Yes." Kenny continued to hold him in shock, it was enough to encourage him to say more: "I'm sorry, Ken! I-"

He placed his lips gently on Leo's, deciding he could wait just another minute to get the rest of his answers. For now, he was going to do what he had wanted to since the moment his eyes fell on him. Kenny kissed him deeper, wrapping his arms around his waist as he fell into a state of bliss.

Leo stared up at him in awe as he pulled away, a slight blush spread across his own cheeks. His face split into a toothy smile when Kenny stole another quick peck, not being able to help himself. He could barely manage to speak from how lightheaded he made him. "Ken, I-I should've told you."

He shrugged. Now that he knew Leo felt the same, Kenny was complete. "Would've been helpful. Why didn't you?"

Still being held in his arms, Leo wanted to bury his face in his chest, yet he knew he needed to be honest. He had been dealing with things alone for too long. "My parents figured me out pretty early, ya know.." Kenny pulled back a little to look at him. "When I wouldn't spy on you, it's like they knew it was also 'cause I like you. I think it's why my dad wants to kill you so bad."

He smirked at that. "So, you've liked me this entire time?" Leo nodded sheepishly, looking away from Kenny's intense eyes. He lifted his chin, making sure that he would hear his next words: "I'd let your dad kill me thousands of times for eternity, if it meant I could be with you - even if it was just for this moment."

Bewildered by his seriousness, Leo chuckled a little. Kenny held his eyes, prompting him to drop his shocked smile, and pull him down in a passionate kiss. He ran his fingers through his long-ish, blonde hair, biting at his bottom lip as he pressed him against the house slightly. Kenny sighed contently, unable to fight off his smile.

Butters blushed a dark shade of red as he backed off of him, realizing that he had him pinned - despite Kenny not complaining in the slightest. He rubbed his face excitedly when a smile started to creep onto his lips too. Everything just felt right.

"Ken," Leo started with the smile stuck on his face. "What now? I mean," It dropped a little as he remembered why he had kept this in for so long. "I didn't get to tell you everything."

He nodded, he knew they had more to talk about. Even though he definitely wanted to kiss him again, Kenny knew that their issues hadn't disappeared. He led them inside, back into the warmth, and sat with Leo on the couch. He had been patient for this long, he would wait as long as it took to be with him.

"Okay, cutie, I'm listening." Kenny motioned for him to continue.

Hesitating for a moment, Leo was reassured by Kenny lacing their fingers together. "You're gonna hate this, but my parents said if they ever found out we were together.. they'd start hurting the people you love.."

Ah, there's the catch! In every moment in his life when he experienced happiness, there had always been a catch. It just kind of came with the territory of being a McCormick. This was beyond a simple obstacle, however, as the Mob could absolutely back up their threats. Now that Kenny knew all this, too, it made sense why they had spent too much time trying to drive a wedge between him and Leo.