28

Kenny stood outside of one of the backdoors to the school, smoking a joint as he waited for Leo. He had avoided him all day, not even sparing him a glance as Kenny continued to shadow him. They were both more on edge since the Nazis failed to take Leo the day before, and had yet to show their faces again.

The joint he was smoking helped to calm his worries. He felt like they were getting close to ending all of this once and for all, which was fantastic, but at the same time, Kenny was afraid that Leo would leave South Park after everything was over. He would never be the same if Butters disappeared from his life.

When he noticed someone walking up to where he was, Kenny felt his nerves start to buzz with a sense of excitement; it quickly dulled when he realized that it was only Stan. His head was down as he walked up the few steps to the door, his hands firmly in his jacket pockets. Kenny recognized the sulking - he and Kyle were fighting.

Stan didn't say anything as he took the joint from his hand. Kenny let him finish it off quickly, scowling at the state his best friend was in. He could tell that he was depressed, the dark bags under his eyes were too obvious to ignore.

"Stan?" He tried gently, a little afraid that Stan would turn on him in a second, too. "You good?"

Finally lifting his eyes to Kenny's, he shook his head. "No, I'm not. Ky will barely talk to me."

Thinking back to the previous day when he had seen Stan behind Kyle, he hadn't considered that their relationship wasn't in a good place; Kenny knew that it was his fault there was a rift between them. Stan sided with him, while Kyle was convinced he did all of this to hurt them. This wasn't something he could fix.

Before he could respond, Stan continued on with more: "Bebe and Clyde broke up."

"Goddamn. I'm sorry, dude." Kenny lit a cigarette. He wasn't that surprised by their break-up, but he knew he had been the main reason, despite their other issues. "This is.. This is all my fault."

"No, Ken-"

"They broke up 'cause of me, right?"

Although he knew the point his best friend was trying to make, Stan didn't want to hear it. "Kind of. You know they had their issues, dude."

"Guess so." He scowled at his cigarette as he let it burn, his craving for nicotine lower than usual. "Ky hates me, doesn't he?"

Stan avoided the question. "I-I almost relapsed when he left."

His head was starting to spin. Kenny was having trouble keeping up with all of the sudden changes surrounding Cartman's reveal, and it didn't help that Stan hadn't responded to his question. He was having trouble focusing on a singular issue. "Man, please tell me what happened."

He still wanted to continue to avoid any discussions about Kyle. Knowing Kenny for years though, Stan knew he wouldn't drop it. "Ky was bitching about you, and asked for my opinion." He drew his lower lip between his teeth as he looked towards the ground again. "So, I told him I didn't agree, then he went home."

That's not good.. Kenny scowled. "He went home?" Stan nodded, knowing where his friend was headed. "Has he said anything about, ya know, his mom?"

Kyle didn't like to talk about it, understandably; he seemed to be in denial when the gang tried to confront him about it before. Stan knew how it affected him. In the end, it was one of the main reasons he quit drinking. "No. The only thing he's said to me since the weekend is that.."

"What'd he say?"

Stan stopped talking for a reason, he didn't want to repeat what his angry boyfriend had said. "He said, he hopes Butters fucking dies." He shuddered at the words himself. "Ken, I don't think he meant it. He just.. I think something else happened."