𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟖

FARAH

"Allah hafiz, Abbu." I say as I rush to leave the house. I hear him say his goodbye before I close the door.

I woke up late today for some reason and now I am running late for work. Zoya wouldn't mind that I'm late because she's too sweet to say anything but I don't like being late for anything.

While making my way towards the town bazaar I make sure to greet and smile whoever looks at me or smiles.

Since I was running late, I didn't have time to pack my bag properly so I'm juggling my bag, books and lunch box.

I probably should have taken some time to pack all my things properly but like I said I do not like to be late whether or not I get in trouble for it.

Maybe I should slow down and hold everything properly but that would make me later.

While walking I try to swing my bag in front of me and fit some books inside in a hurry.

This might work-

"Watch out!"

Before I can process who's voice it was, someone tugs at my abaya hard enough that I stumble in a different lane.

A carriage speeds from in front of me, the coachmen yelling at me to watch where I'm going.

I blink multiple times before I look at the hand grabbing my abaya. In a blink of an eye, the owner of the hand lets go of my abaya.

"I apologize for pulling you like that but you were showing no signs of hearing me."

My body freezes at the source of voice.
I know that voice.
And I've been running away from the owner of it for the past week because it makes my stomach flip and my cheeks warm.

Slowly, I lift my head to meet his eyes.
His beautiful dark brown eyes.
The first thing I noticed was his eyes when he caught me staring at him in the bazaar. Where we first officially met. Since then, I've seen him around the town but never from too close that he notices me.

In the past week we have only met thrice. Twice in one day, first in the bazaar then at the bakery. And once three days ago when I went to the library and we met halfway through the route.

His name is Hassan- Zoya mentioned it- he's a traveler from a foreign kingdom and is staying here for a while.
He's already the talk of the town. Known as the handsome traveler from a foreign Kingdom.

He is attractive no doubt. Aside from his beautiful eyes, he has a perfect nose, a jawline which is chiseled, almost sculpted and full lips. His height commands attention, standing with a confident posture that suggests both strength and grace. His dark brown hair frames his face in a way that accentuates his features. His broad shoulders give him a powerful presence, hinting at athleticism or physical strength.

That's the most I've noticed about a man I met only twice- and not even properly.

I quickly come out of my haze and my cheeks start to warm up when I realize I've been staring at him. again.

Can the ground open up and swallow me whole?

"Are you alright?" his deep and firm voice reaches me in a soft way.

I quickly nod and stumble over my words, "I apologize for not hearing you, I was in a hurry."

"Oh, it's alright. Be careful next time. I may not be here next time." he says as his lips curve into an easy smile making his face more attractive.

My face must be burning by now.

"Okay." Is the only answer I come up with.

"Alright. Have a good day ahead, Farah." He says before he turns around and starts walking in the opposite direction.

I stay rooted in place as I watch him walk away, hands shoved in his pockets.

The longer I look at him, the more the image of his smile flashes into my mind.

I shake my head and rush to the bakery- thankfully not being run over by anyone- and try not to think about how beautiful he looks with his smile.