She placed the tray on the bedside table and fetched his crutches. He struggled to stand, refraining from putting his body weight on his injured leg, as he used the crutches to get a firm stance. Danielle guided him to the bathroom and assured him that she'd be right outside.

Shortly after, he exited the bathroom and noticed Danielle by the door, talking to one of her colleagues. His ears pricked up when he heard his name. The colleague, an elderly woman, greeted him and left a second later.

       "I'm sure you're used to something a little fancier," Danielle said once he sat on the edge of the bed again, "The food," she gestured with a giggle, and only then did he see the display on the bedside table, "Your records didn't mention any allergies, so I hope you're alright with yogurt and a ham and cheese sandwich," she smiled and opened his milk carton, "I'll be right back."

The meal tasted better than expected. Jungkook washed it down with the banana-flavored milk. Danielle returned with a grin a moment later.

       "Famished, weren't we?" he watched as she put gloves on, and then set up another IV drip, "Doctor Kim Matthew wants some new blood work done," she informed as she hovered over him.

She'd brought the items needed to draw some of his blood, and he didn't hesitate to provide her with his arm. She appeared young, too young to be a certified nurse, but her demeanor, attention, and knowledge said otherwise.

       "You're staring," she chortled, breaking the silence, "Almost done. It doesn't hurt, right? It shouldn't."

       "I've been through worse in the past forty-eight hours."

       She glanced up at him, her smile fading, "Yes, you have."

       "Is that what you were talking about with your colleague?"

       "No," she resumed the task.

       "She said my name though."

       "To inform me that the police are on their way."

       "The police?"

       "She saw you were awake and notified them. I'm assuming they want your statement."

She straightened her posture, satisfied with the four small vials filled with blood. He stared at her as she plugged him into the IV drip.
       "That's it then," she said while removing her gloves, "Once the results come in, Doctor Matthew will decide what's the best approach for you," she grabbed the tray and managed a smile, "Is there anything I can bring you?"

       "No, uh, I'm... I'm good. Thanks."

       "Alright."

       She had a foot out the door when he said, "Actually, Danielle... There is something," she turned to him, but he gulped, too frightened to ask for what his heart longed to know.

Everything happened too fast. One moment you were in his arms, his brother was in the passenger seat, and his mother was driving away from the industrial site. Then the next moment, he was hurled into an ambulance, separated from you and Yoongi. He had no idea if you made it, or if his brother did. All he knew was that neither of you was responding to the paramedics, and both of you were severely wounded. Everything else that followed was a blur.
Jungkook shuddered at the thought of asking Danielle. It made his entirety crumble beneath him. He glanced away, his heart caught in his throat as his breath hitched. He knew he had to know, even if the answers scared him beyond belief.

       "Mr. Jeon?"
Danielle approached him and the sound of her sneakers screeching against the floor ripped him away from the lurking grief. He stuttered and failed to make a cohesive sentence when she stood by the bedside.
       "It's alright," she soothed, then leaned in to say, "I'll take you to your brother."