Friends

"How prevalent was it?"

       "It lessened. Thanks, it actually helped." He smiled at his therapist, "I managed to stay focused enough to change the outcome." Doctor Jung tilted his head in confusion and he chuckled, pride exuding out of him as he explained, "The first autopsy report ruled the cause of death as asphyxiation and the second one stated the cause of death was due to blood loss."

       "I see. How did you discover that?"

       "It was brought to my attention during a recess." He lied and glanced away, but his therapist reminded him of the promise he made before embarking on therapy, "Okay, fine." He chuckled again, "Moonbyul retrieved it months ago but it wasn't something I paid much attention to. It was sitting there in one of the boxes, just collecting dust."

       "So, you managed to change Jackson Styles' sentence from 2nd-degree murder to 1st--"

       "Meaning more jail time."

       "Wow." Doctor Jung gasped in bafflement, "That's quite incredible."

"I am an incredible guy." He said with a smile.

"You did this while dealing with your core belief?" He nodded at his therapist, "That's really impressive, Jungkook. Beforehand," Doctor Jung paused as he began to write down on his notepad, "Let's be honest, you wouldn't have been able to focus and change your deep-rooted cognitive behavior."

       He nodded, agreeing to his therapist's assessments, "I guess the process is happening."

       "I would say so."

He eyed Doctor Jung and they exchanged a brief satisfied look. He was sure his therapist felt some kind of excitement to be able to assist him with the tools he had taught. He sure was.
There must have been something in it for the good Doctor that wasn't entirely a need to help others but that he, too, had something deep-rooted lingering from within.

       "So, your automatic thought," Doctor Jung began as he flipped the pages on his notepad, "I'm wasteful, I'm useless. How true are they now?"

       "Well, on an intellectual level I've always known I wasn't a waste of time nor useless to anyone."

       "Right, it was dormant, stemming from your childhood because of your Mother."

He noticed his therapist's hand movements and realized he marked down two lines under something. Presumably the topic of his Mother, but as much as Doctor Jung or anyone tried, he would never talk about her. Not to anyone that wasn't Yoongi. Despite Taehyung's interest, yours, or Doctor Jung's, the topic of his Mother was something he consciously avoided.

       "Yes, that sounds about right."

       "So, how true was your automatic thought? You had that talk with your ex. You obsessed over it. Blamed yourself for her pain and the cycle continued. 'I'm wasteful, I'm useless'. She left you, she abandoned you. You deserve to be punished. You're not worth loving. 'Everyone leaves'. And so forth." Doctor Jung gazed up from the notepad and removed his glasses, "These were some of the things you said shows up in your head when something bad happens." He nodded, bravely arguing with his heart which had a need to tremble. "Something bad did happen, Jungkook, you broke up with someone who meant the world to you."

       "She still does."

       "And yet you could shift that negative energy, those crippling emotions and thoughts you felt about the situation and use it more proactively."