Privilege of In-Laws

"So, what do you guys think?"
Both you and Hwasa stared dumbfounded at the statue dropped off at the gallery the moment you arrived. Sir Anthony flipped his silk navy blue scarf, smiling and waiting eagerly for a response.
       "Honest opinions, please."

       "Well--" Hwasa began before she faked an enthusiastic response, "I definitely see the appeal. Exactly what the entrance needs." She ended and nudged at your shoulder, hoping you'd add your two cents but what could you say?

It was a woman on a rock, similar to Carl Jacobsen's bronze-crafted statue gifted to the city of Copenhagen. However, this piece was a cheap knock-off and made of ceramic. You didn't quite understand his need to purchase such an item as he dealt with paintings and you specialized in photography. Upon asking for his reasons, he explained while Hwasa received a phone call, that he desired your worlds to collide.

       "Don't you remember our first class together?" He reminisced as you studied the ceramic with folded arms, "Miss Brown was teaching us about the sad tale of the mermaid who gave up everything for the hopeless love of a handsome prince. Don't you remember?"

       "I do."

       "I figure it'd be a great symbol for me with Hwasa and my new chapter in creativity whereas, for you, it'll be the end." You frowned and glanced up at him, "Photojournalism, right?"

       "Right."

       "Not as creative."

       "No, it won't quite be the same." You murmured as Hwasa paced behind the two of you, busily engaged in the conversation on her phone, "We'll see though." You crouched when you spotted a small crack on the woman's ceramic foot, trailing it as you suggested, "If you really want it to be a representation of us as an entity, we could alter it--" He observed the same flaw on the statue your finger trailed, "If it didn't cost you a fortune that is."

       "20K."

       "Ouch. I can reimburse you for half."

       "Nevermind that. What are you thinking?"

His honey voice glazed your bare shoulder and only then did you realize how close he was and how heavenly fabulous he smelled.

       "What perfume is that?"

       "I'm not sharing my sugar daddy magnet scent." You giggled at his sass and the smug smile, "Creed Aventus, the EdP version."

       "Nice, it smells good on you--"

       "Guys, I gotta go," Hwasa interrupted, "Some investors have shown interest and I gotta do some brown-nosing. But you two play nice," She pointed with her phone as she backtracked and collected her bag from a nearby table, "Get this place fabulous for Saturday. I want people drinking, I want people talking, and I want people buying." She continued as she animatedly made huge arm gestures, "How much more is left and how much are we missing?"

You stuttered for a moment as you were taken aback, unaware of anything as Sir Anthony took the lead.
       "We are only missing the overarching placements," he began, gazing out at the white-on-glass aesthetic of the gallery Hwasa booked as the location for the event, "I was thinking of mixing our pieces based on the collections we agreed upon. We'll start with a little bit of me and then her and then me, I was thinking of telling a cohesive story based on our pieces--" Hwasa nodded, pleased with the progression as you frowned at the direction he hadn't included you in.

       "Ah, how perfect! I love it, Hyungwon. You're doing a great job. Keep at it." Hwasa jumped excitedly in her heels, "So, that's really it? We've got the menu and we've got the program of the evening--"