Final Hour

⚠️
Mentions of grief, the usage of drugs, and graphic descriptions.

Sirens wailed in the distance. Faint conversations and fastened footsteps were outside of the room Jungkook occupied. He moaned awake to the sound of a nearby monitor that continuously beeped. His groggy eyes adjusted and he learned he was in a white, sterile room and trapped to an IV drip.
As he bewilderingly gazed out at his surroundings to get a better understanding of where he was and how he'd gotten here, he adjusted in the bed only to cry out in agony. A jolt of excruciating pain coursed through his body as if he'd been struck by lightning. His heart rate accelerated and the fastened beeps of the monitor agitated him, causing him to remove the device on his finger.

       "No," someone sang with an Australian accent, "How else will we know you're crashing on us?" the young woman said while putting the device back on his finger, "Good to see you awake, finally," she smiled and thumbed his hand.

The soft-featured woman sported a set of white scrubs, her reddish-brown hair disorderly wrapped in a top bun. He stared at her badge and learned she was a medical professional.

      "You had surgery earlier," she informed while replacing the IV drip, "The bullet fragments are gone, so you're in the clear. You are stitched up now, so that means no sudden movements. If needed, you can use those," she gestured with a nod. He followed her gaze to the window where a set of crutches rested, "Be mindful of yourself. You've got a sprained hand and a recovering shoulder and thigh. So, try not to put too much weight and pressure on yourself," he nodded. She smiled, "If it's too much to handle, just use the caller and I'll come to assist you."

       "Where... where am I?"

       "Rosegard Hospital Trauma Center."

       "Trauma center?"

       "Yes. I'm Danielle Marsh, by the way. I'll be your nurse today. How are you feeling?"

       "I'm fine."

       "Those noises you made didn't sound like you're fine," she placed a hand on his neck, "Hmm, you aren't catching a fever. Do you feel uneasy or jittery?"

       "No."

       "Nauseous?"

       "Why would I feel nauseous?"

       "So, no to any withdrawal symptoms--" her pager rang and caught her attention, "Shoot, I'm needed elsewhere. I'll return with another bag of sodium chloride once this morphine is done," she removed her gloves while her gaze fell on the bruises on his face, "Promise me you'll take it easy," he nodded again, scared to glance up at her and see the pity in her eyes, "You've been through enough already, Mr. Jeon. Rest up, nurse's orders."

Jungkook woke up in a daze and groggily shifted to sit. Some time must have passed since he received the morphine, as there was no pain at the moment. He used this opportunity to go to the bathroom. However, as he positioned himself on the edge of the bed, his eyes fell on the hospital gown and he slid it up to see the stitches on his thigh. He thumbed the perfect line against his swollen, reddened, and mutilated skin. The sight of his bruised, tattooed hand caught his attention and he glared at the bandages, as he remembered the feel of the brick against Namjoon's skull.

       "Knock, knock," sang Danielle with a tray of food that distracted him from the memory, "I'm sure you're feeling famished," he attempted to stand but she rushed to say, "You can't do that alone, at least not right now," he sighed, obeying as she explained, "The stitches will open if you aren't careful. No sudden movements, Mr. Jeon. Allow me."