Girls, Girls, Girls

Thursday.

He walked out of the courtroom with Taehyung walking ahead of him. Rosé hadn't attended today's court meeting and explained she was feeling under the weather. If he didn't know any better, he would have guessed she was afraid of what would happen.

Loosening his tie, he caught up with his best friend who had unprofessionally stormed out, "You good, man?"

"I need the stiffest drink and multiply it with a hundred. Meet you by the car."

He frowned as he eyed Taehyung as he made his way over to the restroom. He reached for his phone and texted Rosé to let her know of the progress.

Txt. Next week, it's Miss Chungha. Judge Yugyeom wants to focus on her death and Mr. Styles' involvement.

He walked in the bathroom stall and proceeded to release himself when Kihyun, one of the lawyers defending Mr. Styles, walked in.
They exchanged a brief glance and Kihyun greet him with a nod. He remained quiet, barely acknowledging the guy who specialized in divorce as he did.

He didn't know Kihyun, only by name and reputation. They used to work for the company, the same one that suspended him and he eventually left.

It always bothered him why Miss Chungha chose him over Kihyun, knowing that his reputation in the law firm was far more solidified than his own. But he vividly remembered Miss Chungha had an interest in him from the beginning; whether it was romantically, sexually or something entirely different. She was interested in something based on how she often would eye him in their earlier meetings.

There was something there from her aspect.

He wouldn't say he didn't find Miss Chungha attractive, in fact, he admired her style and straight forwardness but there was something about her entitlement he never cared for and ultimately, it became the reason why he didn't choose to pursue her despite her interest.

"It's you and me starting next week," Kihyun spoke as he closed his flyer. "It's all about Miss Chungha."

He ignored his comment while walking over to the sink. With his hands under the water, he eyed Kihyun through the mirror, pondering over the type of man he was.

It was fair to assessment to make if Kihyun was willingly defending Mr. Styles and his bullshit righteousness, he couldn't be a good man himself.

Kihyun stood beside him and proceeded to wash his hands as he straightened his tie, "For what it's worth," he began as he eyed him through the reflection, "I agree with you guys."

Frowning, he stared at Kihyun as he watched the man dry his hands and walk out of the restroom, unable to comprehend what he meant. With a puzzled look, he walked out as well and met Taehyung at the parking lot.

Taehyung grew adamant about finding the nearest bar and drinking his brain out. It was a serious matter, sure, but the animated expression plastered on Taehyung's face amused him.

Judge Yugyeom had decided a change in the direction and Taehyung wasn't too pleased.
This operation was his livelihood and he had a bone to pick with Mr. Styles.

When it was decided that the evidence and key witnesses about the Chungha case was to be presented in a later time, Taehyung grew frustrated as he'd been preparing to demolish Mr. Styles in open court.

Judge Yugyeom wanted their relationship, marriage and characters to be told. The new jurors deserved a fair chance to get a clear picture of the situation. This meant - for now - that Taehyung was second chair and he had to take lead. Essentially, he'd have to repeat everything like he had months ago.