Kim Taehyung

The Judge's gavel slammed and everyone stood from their seats. Rosé packed her belongings from the prosecution's table while he leaned into his chair and fixated on the jurors as they walked out of the box. One member from the jury stole his attention, Choi Youngjae. The young man who seemed the most nervous about the trial and the same man, Rosé discovered a couple weeks back, Miss Chungha engaged in an affair with.

When the divorce file of the Styles was brought to him, he didn't care to think of the identity of the man his client cheated on her husband with. It wasn't relevant then but looking back at it now, he wished he'd known of Choi Youngjae, the gardener who captured Miss Chungha's heart.
The defense team ensued rules of their own and he criticized the lack of research he possessed during that time. In light of what he knew today, he could have utilized the acquaintance and bond he would have shared with Youngjae to assist him with the trial now.

       "Hey, look. You see?" Rosé leaned over and whispered in his ear and his gaze followed the direction she nodded, "Looks like they're arguing."

A quarrel? Curiosity spiked his interest as he stared at the defense team's three lawyers, Changkyun, Kihyun, and Fatou. Being one himself meant he could pick up on cues such as body language and the longer his gaze lingered the more he learned Changkyun seemed agitated. Whether the prick lashed his frustrations out on his partners or something else entirely, he glanced away basking at the sight. If the defense began to unravel it could only be good news for the prosecution.

Another day in court reached its end and he walked out of the courtroom with an elevated head and confident stride. Three witnesses, all of whom spoke ill of the deceased while painting the accused in a better light. The bashfulness of Miss Chungha's character insulted him. It became evident these witnesses were either coerced to their narrative or flat out didn't care for her.

The night in question was the one where Mr. Styles held a banquet, a charity event to fund the educational means for the youth of the city. Although noble, he knew Mr. Styles well enough to see past the facade. It was the last time Miss Chungha was seen alive and these witnesses proclaimed to have seen an altercation occur between the soon-to-be divorced couple.
One of them confessed to witnessing the deceased make a scene after the accused made his speech to the attendees. Testimonies from others confirmed the narrative and it irked him that he couldn't debunk it.

Miss Chungha's temper was both fierce and ruthless. He remembered the countless times she crawled under his skin, patience being tossed out of the window thanks to her long list of demands and intoxicating personality. In spite of that, he admired her force and headstrong nature. Needless to say she was a lot of things but one thing she didn't have under her belt was the capability to back down or to cave to anyone.

       "I didn't like that. At all." Rosé groaned as she halted in the courthall, "That was a little too close if you ask me."

       "It's fine."
As much as the defense team opted to test their abilities, ambush them, or attempt to trap them in a corner, certainty stood by his side. A drink thrown on a man's face hardly justified a woman's death, so the defense's tactics were welcomed.
       "They didn't say anything we weren't prepared for. All they did was confuse the jury."

       "I know. It actually gets to me, you know?"

       "I'd be surprised if it didn't. There's no grounds for doubt. We have at least half of the jury on our side."

       "Do we?"
Rosé said and nodded behind him. Choi Youngjae rushed out of the bathroom with tears in his eyes and soon thereafter the defense's lead attorney, Changkyun, stepped out and fixed his suit.