And I am glad I did. My heart started racing the moment I answered the phone.

Her heavy breathing, combined with choked sobs, forced me to close my eyes. "Chandini..." She says nothing and keeps crying. Shivi's eyes widened as I joined my hands to express my gratitude for her assistance.

I will be forever indebted to her.

I got in my car and said, "Meri Jaan, I know it is you! Are you okay, baby? Please tell me. Please say something.

"I-I-Rudra, please..." My heart clenched in agony as she sobbed. "Basement... R-Rohit...He killed him!" When I heard his name, I felt my body tighten. Killed him? Who? "I do not know where I am. "Rudra... I am scared."

"Do not worry, Meri Jaan; I am on my way to get you both." She hiccupped and sniffed. She does not respond any further.

"Please hold on for a little longer. Be brave for me, my darling. You are strong, right, baby?" My eyes were moist as I spoke quickly into the phone, and I could hear her uncontrollably sobbing. "I am coming to get you, baby. Okay?" I spoke, and my voice broke.

The call ended abruptly, and I felt a heaviness in my chest that grew with every passing second. I tried calling the number again, but it had been turned off.

I quickly accelerated and, by pressing the pedal as I kept my eyes on the road, while carefully removed the paper. I could feel the rage rising in my chest once more and spreading like wildfire. I looked everywhere for her except one place, and that bastard is keeping her there alone.

Aditya's cottage.

My grip on the steering wheel tightened until my knuckles turned white, and I breathed erratically. My chest burned, and tightness engulfed my lungs. And then I lost it. I screamed, and my fists repeatedly collided with the wheel.

My eyes were stinging so badly, and tears were forming.

But I composed myself and called both of my best friends. I informed them, as well as the commissioner, about the location.

"Wait for us, Rudra! Stop where you are and we will meet you there! Okay? Listen to me-"

"No...!" I yelled as I sped past the cars on my way to the location. "You guys with the force should get there as soon as possible. I am going to get them. Both."

I hung up the phone and pressed the gas pedal to accelerate. As I speed past every other car on the road, everything becomes blurry. My eyes become blurry again, and I can not stop thinking about it.

Rohit led us to believe that he had moved on and was a good person, but I never trusted him enough. But I never imagined he would go to this length.

A tear streamed down my cheek as Chandini's sobs and heartbreaking voice played in my head. Non-stop. I wipe my face and shake my head lightly to clear my vision. Taking a left and narrowing the path to the forest that leads to the cottage. In the dark, the entire area appears to be on edge, as if something could jump out of the trees.

I came to a stop some distance away from the back of the cottage because I did not want him to be alarmed. And he has a weapon, while I don't. Walking slowly towards the cottage, I looked around and saw the same car they had shifted into.

As I approached, I heard the door open and a man emerge from behind it, covering his face. I quickly hid behind some bushes; the darkness made it easy. He was carrying a body over his shoulder. He walked up to the car and put the body into the car's backside. He cautiously looked around the area before returning to lock the door.

He drove past me at high speed.

After a few minutes, I ran to the back of the cottage and smashed the window with a rock. I climbed through the window, getting scratched by the broken glasses.