⁕70⁕

Please note that this chapter contains mature content.

His hand shot out, grabbing my jaw and causing me to tilt my head upward so I could look into his eyes

"Where do you think you are going? We are not done yet. You may be done playing, but I am only starting now."

My palm clashed with his chest as I looked at him wide-eyed, trying to breathe quietly and process his words.

Sighing, I furrowed my brows in his grasp. "I want to know Rudra. You are covered in blood, and I am just..." I hesitated, flitting my eyes over him, and when he leaned into my palm and kissed it, my stomach fluttered. "... Just tell me."

He puffs his chest, his hand moving from my jaw into my hair. He gently ran his fingers through my hair, removing the fierceness and dominance that had come with his touch and replacing it with tenderness.

I raised my eyebrows and waited for him to say something. "It is nothing I am telling you." He breathes sharply. "A car crashed into mine as I was responding to your text. That explains why I am late."

I withdrew my hand while continuing to stare at him like the moron he is. and I had to clench my hands to resist the urge to shoo him off the bed or even just give him a sensible talk.

Then I started to think about what had happened to me. Was he intentionally struck by someone?

"And no, it was not the Jeep guy; well, I do not know, but the other driver was drunk and lost control of the wheel." He sighs deeply, still stroking my hair lazily but I do not budge. "I am fine; I swear, I am. Or else I would have gone to the hospital, but it is just small cuts here and there."

I took his hand out of my hair and pressed my fingers on his knuckle, and he winced in pain.

"Yep, very fine."

And then he laughs at me and my actions. "You worry too much, Chandini, and it is really nothing."

I scoffed at his carelessness; it all seemed funny to him and I had my heart clogging my throat. "I told you to drive safe! Didn't I? You moron!" I smacked a pillow in his face and hit him multiple times. He laughed and groaned as I kept it going until he took the pillow from me and threw it behind him.

"You think this is funny, Rudra? No, it is not funny when you are literally covered in blood!" I hissed sharply, my heart picking up its pace.

He sighed apologetically, took my hands in his, and muttered a small sorry before his lips touched the back of my hands. One by one.

"Don't distract me, Rudra; I am mad at you."

He hums, lifting his lashes to meet my gaze and his eyes immediately soften as he slowly begins to pepper kisses over my arm. Until his lips were on my shoulder, pressing small kisses and slowly moving towards my neck. I breathed softly, feeling him nibble at my skin, and my head automatically turned to the side.