⁕23⁕

His room is actually boring; there are no other words to describe it

His room is actually boring; there are no other words to describe it. The walls are cream-colored, with black furniture, back doors, and black couches, and at least the bedsheet is white. There is not an ounce of colour in this room.

Everything is black, just like his soul. Who wants dark curtains when you have a large balcony with plenty of natural light? There were no paintings on the walls, no decorations, nothing.

I am going to change it because I do not want to be any more depressed than I already am by being with him.

The only thing I like about this room is the balcony. I am sure the sunrises and sunsets will be spectacular from here. I was on the balcony when I felt like I was being watched. I turned and saw Rudra, but he was busy on his laptop.

My phone beeped with a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: You cannot get away from me because I am always watching you.

I looked around, but I did not see anyone. A new message popped up.

Unknown: look around as much as you want. You cannot see me, but I see you. And you look ravishing in red, baby.

My heart rate drops as I read the text. He is here, and he should not be here or anywhere near me. How is this possible?

Please, please, please.

I looked up at the clear sky, and my breathing had become more rapid. My throat felt dry, and my chest tightened as if I were choking. My eyes welled up with tears, and I tried to take deep breaths to regain control of my breathing.

When is this going to end?

------------------

I had no idea when I had fallen asleep until Athwa came to wake me up. Rudra is nowhere to be found. I went downstairs to the kitchen, where Maa was ordering maids about something.

She was overjoyed when I decided to call her Maa, and she burst into tears of joy. It is a wonderful feeling to have a mother figure back in my life.

She smiled when she saw me, and I returned her smile. Maa asked if I had seen Rudra, and I replied that I had not. I was told to prepare the dinner for my first kitchen ceremony.

I got to work with the help of maids.

"Hey bhabhi," Muktha teased, and I laughed in response.

"Do you need any help?" she asked, and everyone in the kitchen stopped what they were doing. I looked at them, puzzled, and then at Muktha, my brow furrowed.

"Han Han, okay. I know I cannot cook, but I was just trying to be polite," she said nervously, rubbing her neck. I giggled at her rosy cheeks.

"You can help me by telling me what everyone likes to eat," I said, and she smiled back at me cheerfully.