⁕20⁕

"I apologise for leaving so abruptly

"I apologise for leaving so abruptly. Meet Chandini Sehgal, the soon-to-be Mrs. Rudra Kapoor."

I narrowed my eyes as he smirked and said, 'Soon to be Mrs. Rudra Kapoor' as if he were taunting him. When one of the men spoke, I turned to face him.

"My name is Nakul, and I work as Mr. Singh's assistant," said the brown-haired man.

He extended his hand for me to shake, and I did so politely. The black-haired man smirked at me and extended his hand to introduce himself.

"Aditya Singh, you must know who I am," he says, still self-absorbed.

I cast a glance at his hand. My palms were becoming clammy, and my heart was racing furiously.

"You are fine; I am here," the man beside me said softly, his breath brushing against my neck and gently pulling me to his side. I raised my alarmed eyes to meet his reassuring ones. He nodded his head towards them.

I looked at Aditya, faking a smile, with my heart beating insanely, but I joined my hands instead of shaking.

"Namaste, Mr. Singh, and no, I am not familiar with you; am I supposed to be?" I feigned confusion by furrowing my brow.

His smirk faded, and he drew his hand back, pretending to adjust his suit. He clenched his fist and stared at Rudra.

"The meeting is over; my assistant will inform you of our decision," Rudra said, his voice firm and commanding.

"I will see you soon," Aditya said, nodding to Rudra and winking at me as he walked away with his assistant close behind.

My lips twisted in disgust. Rudra took a step forward, but I quickly stopped him and pulled him into the room.

"Asshole, he winked at you and was staring at your legs. I should have punched him in the eye. He will think twice about doing it again," he said as he yanked my hand away from him.

"Han, Han, worry about punching him later; I might join you." I shrugged as he raised his brows at my remark.

"We have got more important things to talk about," I said, pushing him to his chair and forcing him to sit. I sat on the edge of his desk, one knee crossed over the other. His gaze swept over my bare legs.

I cleared my throat, and he fixed his burning gaze on me. I raised an eyebrow, and he gulped heavily. His ears were turning bright red.

He messed up his hair by running his hand through it. He looked even better and more appealing with some hair strands falling onto his forehead. Now he arched his brow, and I averted my gaze.

What is the matter with me? I told him I hated him just a few days ago, and now I find him attractive. I am going crazy, just like him.

These stupid hormones!