⁕25⁕

"Anything for my darling wife," he murmured close to my ear

I felt a bubbly, fluttering sensation in my stomach when he called me his wife. I slid the spoon onto my plate and looked down, feeling the heat creep up to my cheeks.

When I raised my head and my gaze met Muktha's, she winked, making me feel embarrassed.

After breakfast, Rudra went to the office, Maa Papa returned to their room, and Athwa dashed to the playroom. Muktha helped me clean the table. She, too, left because she had an event to plan.

I wanted to add some colour to his room, so I decided to arrange a few vases with fresh flowers to place around the room with the help of housekeepers. I was done and had nothing else to do, so I decided to talk to Barkha. I called her, and she answered right away as if she were expecting my call.

"Hey bitch, it is about time you decided to call me," she grumbled.

"What can I say? I am very busy," I replied, smiling at the irritated tone.

"Oh, shut up. Tell me how you are doing."

"I am fine; everything is fine; stop worrying so much. How are you?" I asked her; she's always been like this.

"I am perfect, as you already know," I said, smiling, forgetting she could not see me.

"How is Rohit doing? Did you speak with him?" I asked, remembering him, and he had not contacted me since the wedding day.

"No, I haven't; I tried after you left, but he has been behaving strangely since your wedding day. I tried calling him several times, but he did not answer. I do not know what crawled up his ass," she huffed.

I drew my brows together in thought. He had never acted in this manner before, and he had always responded to our calls.

"Umm, hello!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry!! I was thinking about what had happened to Rohit. He had ne---" She stopped me.

"Forget about him; I will kick his ass whenever I see him. Tell me how Rudra is treating you. I can still break his handsome face," she said, and I know she's punching in the air.

"No, no, do not break his face; it is the only pretty thing he has besides his eyes, and he is treating me fine," I told her, staring ahead.

"Oh, so you admit he has a pretty, handsome face–"

"You speak too much, Barkha," I said quickly, interrupting her, and she laughed loudly.

We talked for a while longer, and I called Bhaiya, but he was at work and Taara was at her friend's house, as expected. I should have brought her with me. She will be happy to spend time with me and Athwa.

Then I tried several times to call Rohit, but he did not answer, so I gave up. I was getting bored alone, so I decided to explore this damn house.

This mansion has two floors, with the ground floor housing a living room, kitchen, dining room, and housekeepers' quarters. My in-law's room is on the first floor, followed by Muktha's and Athwa's. Rudra's room is on the opposite side of everyone else's, close to the staircase.