⁕66⁕

Mature content

"Barkha and I have decided

"Barkha and I have decided... to get married." I froze in my seat when I heard my brother.

Muktha and Rahul erupted with delight, while Rudra choked and started coughing.

Offering Rudra some water, I gave him a pat on the back. He had been coughing so much that his entire face and neck were a light shade of red.

"Are you alright?" I asked as he calmed down.

He gave a nod. "Just shocked." He then turned to face my brother. "Samay, are you sure? She is not forcing you to say it, right?" Barkha glared at him, and he returned it with equal ferocity. "Just tell me if you need help. I know of a few mental health facilities that would gladly accept her."

"Stop it, Rudra!" He winced when I gave him a pinch on his hand. "Barkha, do not worry; he is just playing around."

Bhai laughed heartily. "Yes, Rudra, I am certain. Nor is she pressuring me, to be clear." Bhai gave him a grateful look. "Thank you for recommending me."

Raising my eyebrows at Rudra; all he did was shrug.

Barkha made a face towards Rudra, who glared at her. I am not sure what is wrong with them. They simply enjoy provoking one another.

"I am happy to have you here with us, and we wanted to inform you guys together." Ignoring the man next to me, Barkha smiled at all of us.

I turned to face my brother and Barkha. "If both of you have made up your minds and are confident in it. So who are we to object? You both have my sincere congratulations and best wishes."

I gave Rudra a little shove, and when I nodded in their direction, he furrowed his brows. "Yeah... Um... what she said. Exactly."

Everyone else laughed, and I shook my head.

Muktha asked, "So, when is the wedding?"

"My parents are working through that. However, Taara requested that we tie the knot on her birthday, so that is what we are thinking about doing." Barkha replied while glancing at Taara's dozing form.

She affectionately strokes her hair and it just warms my heart that she even considered it. She has practically taken on the role of Taara's mother since moving here, which makes me happy as well.

I also understand firsthand how challenging it can be to assume responsibility and raise a child.

Our parents would have been overjoyed to see us embracing life to the fullest and living it as they had always intended.

Ah, I missed them!

"Baby, are you alright? You just keep staring ahead. What's wrong?"

"I just really missed my parents."