⁕37⁕

I groaned, clutching my stomach

I groaned, clutching my stomach. My period arrived yesterday, and the cramps have become more severe. Mood swings are insane, and even the smallest thing annoys me.

Unknown: sweetheart, will you pick up my calls or, at the very least, respond to my text?

Who the hell is this now? In frustration, I feel like pulling my hair out. These cramps are starting to bother me. I was about to throw the phone away when Athwa called for me.

Rudra got me a new one after breaking mine, and he also got a new number and has everyone's numbers saved, which I appreciate. But Rohit's phone number is missing.

Then this must be Rohit.

"No, baby, you have to multiply it," I explained, and he nodded and tried again. I am helping him with his homework as the school has started. He tugged at my dupatta, asking me to check. He got it right this time.

"Angel, ab nahi hoga mujhse, bas kro." He joined his little hands in front of me, pouting and looking at me with puppy eyes.
(I can't do this anymore.)

He learned that from his sister.

"Oka--" and he ran away before I could finish. I chuckled, shaking my head, and then my phone began to ring.

"Hel--" I was cut off for the second time in less than two minutes.

"Fuck your hello! Chandini, how dare you not tell me about Aditya's text and those videos?" Barkha yelled from the other side. And right now, I really want to pop her face. "Barkha? Calm down, and who told you?"

"First, it's time for good news! Your handsome and scary-as-shit-looking hubby broke Aditya's jaw and gave him a black eye." She crackled evilly as if she were possessed.

Before, she was shouting like a maniac, and now, laughing like a witch, she does it when she finds something pleasing; in this case, Aditya getting beaten was amusing to her.

"Wait a minute- what? Rudra? How did you know?" I asked, rubbing my stomach.

"Oh, I did not think of that, oopsie! Rudra came to ask about the texts. Then he told me about the videos, and I was furious. I wanted to beat the crap out of that man. So we drove over to his house. He was talking shit, then your hubby did the job." As Barkha finished, I saw Rudra entering the room, looking exhausted, but a smile appeared on his face when he saw me.

"Chandini, you should tell him. He needs to know." I hummed and then hung up the phone.

I will tell him soon.

"Did you meet Aditya?" When I asked, he pursed his lips into a thin line and nodded.

"Did Barkha tell you?" he asked, and I nodded.

"All I wanted to know was why he was texting. I should have asked you, but I was not sure if you would tell me. So I went to Barkha, expecting her to know about them because she is your best friend. But she did not know anything. She went ballistic that you did not tell her. So we went to his place. Things did not go as planned," he said, avoiding my gaze as if he did not already intend to beat him. "Darling, I am sorry to say, but I have never seen a bigger snitch than your friend in my life. She took my fucking card and said, she will keep this between us." He pinched his temple.