Chapter 21

Little hearts beating in perfect sync
A love that knows no fear
Closer and closer, they link
Their love is a treasure, so dear.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aarthi's POV

Mom, Dad, can we talk for a moment?

My parents pause, sensing the seriousness in my tone.

They exchanged a glance before turning their attention towards me.

What is it now, Aarthi? We're busy with the arrangements. My mom said this while arranging flowers on the table.

I hesitate, but then gather my courage to express my concerns.

I'm feeling anxious about today. Why all this hurry? And why haven't I been told more details?

Aarthi, we've discussed this before. We've found a suitable match for you, and that's what matters. Stop overthinking and just go along with it.

My mother interjects, her tone firm and uncompromising.

Please, Aarthi, trust us; we're doing what's best for you.. We've considered everything carefully, as you'll see. My father said this while assuring me with a tap on my shoulder.

I look at my parents, torn between doubts and their insistence. After a moment of hesitation, I nodded reluctantly and left, feeling helpless.

Today is the day my fate is to be decided, or so they say. It's funny how life throws surprises at you when you least expect them.

I was standing in front of a mirror, dressed in a beautiful white full-sleeve kurta set.  I gaze at my reflection, a mix of apprehension and resignation in my eyes.

My gaze drifts away from the mirror, my thoughts wandering to Ekansh, my one-sided love

My gaze drifts away from the mirror, my thoughts wandering to Ekansh, my one-sided love. I never thought my feelings for him would end like this, abruptly, without any closure.

But here I am, standing on the threshold of an arranged marriage, hoping against hope that this match doesn't get set.

I don't even know who the groom is, let alone his family. My parents have kept everything under wraps, leaving me in the dark. All I know is that I'm supposed to already know him, though we've never interacted before. It's unsettling, to say the least.

My parents have gone to great lengths to impress the groom's family. Even my mom, who never takes a day off, decided to stay home for two days just for this occasion.

It's both touching and overwhelming—their determination to secure a good match for me, or do they just want to get rid of me?

A mixture of emotions swirl within me—uncertainty, fear, but also a flicker of trust in my parents' judgment.